Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Mini Eskimo

Rottimom
January 1st, 2005, 04:11 AM
Small white dog (mini eskimo?) apparently "got away" from her owner sometime in the past week and hasn't been found.

Center Mall Apartment area near Barton and Ottawa in Hamilton, Ontario.

Not sure of the dogs age, but I think she's pretty young (a few months old)

If anyone has heard anything about this dog, please post.

Rottimom
January 7th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Just a bit more info about this dog. She is not mine, she belongs to my husbands cousin. "Apparently" she got away from him as he was walking her. She is the sweetest little thing and is already a very scared little dog. :sad: He claimed to have called the SPCA to report her missing. I reported her missing on petlynx.net myself, and of course on here.

Seeing as she is not my dog, does anyone know if I can call the SPCA myself? My heart breaks to think she may be out in the cold somewhere. She is approximately 3 months old (guessing) and has had no shots :mad: It may not be my place but I feel like someone needs to look out for her. I am hoping and praying that she was found, and someone is giving her the TLC she needs.

BMDLuver
January 7th, 2005, 06:27 PM
You don't have to give them a lot of details, just say you are helping to find a lost dog and as she is very breed specific it will be easy for them to review their logs and see if one has come in. Also, have you posted on the messages board of Petfinder.com? Hope you find her soon.

Rottimom
January 7th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Thanks BMD.

I will post on petfinder right now.

lil_kirk
January 7th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I hope you find her---or at least that someone loving finds here and takes her in. Who knows...maybe they will turn up here asking how to care for their new mini eskimo they rescued from the cold!

Is is a residential neighbourhood where she went off?? Perhaps you could put flyers up...maybe a neighbour has her and is wondering who she belongs to?

BMDLuver
January 7th, 2005, 09:13 PM
If someone found her enroute perhaps they would have contacted some of these rescues and shelters... don't know if you have tried them but it is worth a shot. You never know where she may turn up and these are all feasible surrounding area possiblities. Hope it helps.

ON Stoney Creek Hamilton Animal Control (905)643-8626

ON Stoney Creek AARF - Animal Angel Rescue Foundation 905-662-3789

Pawzietively Precious American Eskimo Rescue Orangeville, ON L9W 4S7
Email: sandymac@globalserve.net

ON St. Catharines Niagara Action For Animals (905) 894-0537

ON St. Catharines Lincoln County Humane Society 905-682-0767

ON Hamilton Hamilton Animal Control 905-388-9576

ON Hamilton The Pride Rescue 905-818-2509

ON Guelph Barlees Angels Rescue Network (519) 767-1405

ON Burlington Animal Aid Burlington 905-637-7325

ON Burlington Burlington Animal Shelter 1-905-335-3030

ON Binbrook Glanbrook District Animal Control 905 692 0114

Rottimom
January 7th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am praying that you're right and someone has taken her in. To be very honest I think she'd be better off. I can print off a lost poster from petlynx. It is in a residential/industrial neighbourhood. I'd be happy just to know she is safe. She is such a sweetheart.

BTW: I tried petfinder.com but it seems to be only American? I am in Hamilton, Ontario.

Rottimom
January 7th, 2005, 09:49 PM
lil kirk and BMD you've been very helpful. Thanks so much :love:
I will call some of those #'s tomorrow morning. :thumbs up

BMDLuver
January 8th, 2005, 07:08 AM
in the lost pet section, when you choose a state, you will see that all the Canadian provinces are there as well on Petfinder. It is american based but I can tell you from the activity we get through our rescue, a ton of Canadians also visit that site. I hope she is warm, safe and being loved during your search for her!