Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boarding Kennel

Bearsmom
December 31st, 2004, 07:52 PM
Hi all you experts: We are trying to locate a boarding kennel for Bear from February 11-23rd. I seem to recall someone talking about one that's in Milton (?) (close to the 401), but cannot locate any info on it. We live in Orangeville, and can drive Bear to the kennel, but were wondering in anyone had any suggestions for good quality boarding for him. (he will pout like crazy if we board him at the vets)

Sheriffmom
January 1st, 2005, 02:12 PM
Try http://www.torontodogs.com/goingaway.htm
I've also heard of a good one called Uber Ranch or something.... I'll try and find the link and post it for you. :)

Sheriffmom
January 1st, 2005, 02:17 PM
Found this site too... http://www.shopintoronto.com/Pets/Boarding__Breeders___Shelters/
There seem to be more choices, and more "resort" and cage-less type boarders listed here. (thtas the kind we prefer)
In Ottawa we used Canine College Club and they were FANTASTIC. Good luck finding a great Kennel.

Bearsmom
January 1st, 2005, 07:39 PM
Thanks, sheriffmom, we did notice that a lot of those are based in Toronto, and we're waaay up in Orangeville. Did find some that we're going to look into. Thanks for all your help!

LL1
January 2nd, 2005, 01:40 PM
There is an awesome one near Caledon that is called Shangri La - I would definitely trust Diana. She also helps rescue in various ways. I can get her number if you like?

LL1
January 2nd, 2005, 02:04 PM
Oh and Larry is awesome too - he is in Sutton near Keswick and helps rescue as well - 905-473-6116

Bearsmom
January 7th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks, LL1, if you could PM me with the info, I'd appreciate it!

CityLimits
January 7th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I personally don't have any experience with this place but have some clients that really liked it. It is really good if you have a younger dog with lots of energy that likes to play. Apparently they come home exhausted from days of playing. Might be worth a look. http://www.dogsatcamp.com/

Good luck in your search.

LL1
January 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Here is Dianna's contact info for Shangri La Kennel in Inglewood -

905-838-2314 and her email is dogvideos@yahoo.com

(I pmd it to you too. :) )

It's supposed to be a wonderful place, one of my rescue pals has been there and wants to move in.

Lise
January 26th, 2005, 08:30 AM
I have a boarding kennel near the Quebec/Ontario border.We take a maximum of ten dogs,all are walked four times and groomed daily,if interested our website is www.geocities.com/cedarbankpetboarding/main.

Bearsmom
January 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks to all for all your help, we did get a friend of ours to come in and stay for the duration.

Toonces
January 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM
I've seen his pic what a lucky friend you have! :thumbs up

Bearsmom
January 27th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Yeah, we're hoping Bear likes him and doesn't try to eat him..... :D

Katherine1
January 27th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks to all for all your help, we did get a friend of ours to come in and stay for the duration.
That is wonderful news.