Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Praise for Petlynx!!!

Freyja
December 29th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Lindy bolted today!!!

She took off out of the front door and kept on running.
So much for off leash with her right now!!!

I drove around for two hours looking for her. The strange thing was that no one had seen her running. Before I left the house I registered her "lost" with Petlynx. She has a Petlynx tag on her collar.

After coming home dejected, I checked the website and there was nothing.
I called the Calgary Humane Society and Calgary Animal Services, nothing but put in a report. Then I checked the website again and bingo!!! She was a block away, and the guy had even taken a pic of her.

I am soooo grateful to Petlynx www.petlynx.net

Rottimom
December 29th, 2004, 10:06 PM
How scary. Very glad to hear your Lindy was found safe and sound.

glasslass
December 29th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Sooo glad Lindy is home safe and sound! Don't you just wish she could talk and hear what she has to say about her little adventure?

BMDLuver
December 29th, 2004, 10:33 PM
what she is saying is "I swear I'll never do that again Mommy". Silly girl worry you to death. Glad she made it home safe n sound. I don't know if it's the same all over Canada, but in Quebec, the MRAB tags have a get me home feature and you can post a pic and description and information about your pet on that site. So all someone has to do is look up the tag and there's your information. Wonderful technology these days.

glasslass
December 29th, 2004, 10:46 PM
The "petmeter" on that site is heartbreaking! You can see the numbers of lost pets increasing as you watch. Fortunately, you can also watch the figures increase for "found" and "adopted" pets. Wish those totals would increase faster though. At least, Lindy is one of them!

Schwinn
December 29th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Wow, I never heard of that. That is really cool, and I'm glad it worked out. I've been there before, worrying about your pooch, jumping between wanting to find her to hug her and wanting to kill her (because of the worry).

Catt31
December 30th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I too am glad you found her!! I remember the sick feeling I had when she went missing on our off leash walk - and she wasn't even my dog!! I can imagine how you felt Jane!! :grouphug:

My sister sent me this link, you can register your pets with the humane society all across North America. It's FREE and you can register as many pets as you want!!! They accept collect calls from ANYWHERE in the world!!! It takes 5 min. and you can send them a picture, and they will send you a tag with a serial # that is linked to your pets info. So if I'm out in BC camping with Brick, and he goes missing, the humane society has all our info. too. Even though he is microchipped, some rescues or small towns may not have the microchip reader. They even have a privacy clause so none of your information is shared with anyone else!!! When you get to the site, go to "Pets", then to the Pet Recovery Team link. The extra reassurance is nice!!!! I registered my cats too!!!

www.humanesociety.com

Sadie's Mom
January 2nd, 2005, 01:03 AM
I'm so glad that tagging system worked for you Frey! It must have been so scary when Lindy took off. What a refief that she got home alright.

When I took Sadie in for her first shots they gave me a www.getmehome.ca tag, so I registered her with that. Hopefully it will work too if I ever need it.