Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Duck @ THS

Bugsy
December 29th, 2004, 01:00 AM
Anyone interested in adopting a duck?

There is a duck for adoption @ the THS :eek: . http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/specialneeds.html

Am I the only one having a Joey & Chandler (Friends) flashback :D :p

Carina
December 29th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Yummmy, duck eggs! :D
We had ducks & geese for years when I was growing up...I bet that is an Aylesbury duck.
My dogs would eat it. :yuck:
Hope it finds a home! Ducks are cool!

Iggette
December 29th, 2004, 04:58 AM
I wonder how much they charge for a duck? Is policy still enforced here? Is it fixed :eek:

raingirl
December 29th, 2004, 08:27 AM
in most cities you aren't allowed ducks..including where I live (Brampton). Oh well...

I am starting to realise that Brampton has some odd bylaws (just found out that real christmas trees aren't allowed in apartments...too late because I already have one!)

The following animals are prohibited within residential area of the City of Brampton:

All Anseriformes (such as Ducks, Geese, Swans)
All Galliformes (Such as Grouse, Pheasant, Turkeys)
All Sciuridae (such as Prairie dogs, Giant squirrels and Flying squirrel)
All Marsupials (such as Kangaroos and Opossums)
All Non-Human Primates (such as Gorillas and Monkeys)
All Felids except the Domestic Cat (such as Lions and Tigers)
All Canids except the Domestic Dog (such Wolves and Hybrids)
All Viverrids (such as Mongooses, Civets and Genets)
All Mustelids except the Domestic Ferret (such as Skunks and Weasels)
All Ursids (Bears)
All Artiodactylus Ungulates (such as cattle, goats, sheep and pigs)
All Procyonids (such as Raccoons, Coatis and Cacomistles)
All Hyaenas
All Perissodactylus Ungulates (such as Horses and Zebra)
All Elephants
All Pinnipeds (such as Seals, Fur Seals and Walruses)
All Snakes of the families Pythonidae and Boidae
All Venomous Reptiles
All Ratitie Birds (such as Ostrichs, Rheas, Cassowaries)
All Edentates (such as Anteaters, Sloths and Armadillos)
All Bats
All Crocodilians (such as Alligators and Crocodiles)
All Arachnids (such as Scorpions and Tarantulas)

BMDLuver
December 29th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Imagine having all those animals in Brampton. There would be all sorts of strange news stories! Maybe it would give the dogs a break? :eek:

Schwinn
December 29th, 2004, 09:19 AM
All Elephants

Great. I guess I'll have to teach Peanut to bark so when we're out for a walk, everyone will think he's a dog. (Off the couch! Bad Peanut!!)

Bugsy
December 29th, 2004, 11:26 AM
All Hyaenas
That's one way to make sure your mother in-law doesn't visit !! :p
Is policy still enforced here? Is it fixed :eek:
LMAO... :D

I feel bad for the duck... I mean what are the chances someone is going to walk in to the THS and think.. aww just what I was looking for! :thumbs up

tyr
December 29th, 2004, 11:35 AM
You were not the only one who had a "Friends" moment - that was the second thing I thought of after "OH! How cute!!!" :)

I used to have ducks, but that was when I lived in a house with a pond. Well, they were not mine. They were my friends that lived above me at the time....I treated them like they were my own :D

Now I live in an apartment with 3 cats...I do not think that would go very well :rolleyes:

glasslass
December 29th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Wonder how many elephants you can get in an apartment? No! I'm dating myself! Old joke! Maybe that was Volkswagons! Forget it! You could hide it in the refrigerator! :D

Maya
December 29th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Aww ducks are so sweet. If I had a back yard and house I'd love to have a duck!! I'm very curious if anyone knows if they can be litter trained. I'm guessing not. I don't have much experience with birds. S-

Bearsmom
December 29th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I wish someone would have informed the homeowner in Brampton who had 2 pythons, several frightening looking snakes, a couple of reptiles (one which actually bit me while I was trying to save his sorry #$%), of these bylaws when his basement ignited and we didn't know he kept all these creatures downstairs. What a shocker when we hit the bottom step of the basement!!!

They just don't pay me enough to do this job......

Bugsy
December 30th, 2004, 01:59 AM
I wish someone would have informed the homeowner in Brampton who had 2 pythons, several frightening looking snakes, a couple of reptiles (one which actually bit me while I was trying to save his sorry #$%), of these bylaws when his basement ignited and we didn't know he kept all these creatures downstairs. What a shocker when we hit the bottom step of the basement!!!

They just don't pay me enough to do this job......
OMG... that must have been a crazy surprise :eek:

Iggette
December 30th, 2004, 06:07 AM
get this thread away from me............I'm starting to like the duck :p We soooooooo don't need a duck .......but he is cute huh :rolleyes:

Bearsmom
December 30th, 2004, 07:16 AM
OMG... that must have been a crazy surprise :eek:

Yes, and I have HUGE issues with reptiles and spiders. Thank God that gear is thick.

chico2
December 30th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Iggette,I actually think you need a duck to add to your menagerie :crazy: he is awfully cute!!

Iggette
December 30th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Well it's number one in the song :crazy:

*starts to sing* Ol' McDonald had a farm................... :D