Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yin Yin Discovers Her Own Heater

CyberKitten
December 27th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Who says the computer is just for things technological. Cats -who as anyone knows, love sleep AND heat - may have a new innovative machine at their paws. (Plus, she can be close to meomy too!)

Yin Yin has discovered an hitherto unknown use for this multifaceted ghizmo. Check it out! Snoozing on the computer monitor.

BMDLuver
December 27th, 2004, 05:56 PM
What a smart little girl! Thanks for sharing.

Lucky Rescue
December 27th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Yin Yin is getting so big! She does look nice and comfy. Did you know you can buy specially made perches that fit on the monitor? :p

Cats are so good at pleasing themselves!

CyberKitten
December 27th, 2004, 06:29 PM
I did not know about the special perches. I can probably get grandpa to make her one, lol And yes, she is growing like a weed, to use an old expression. I can hardly believe how fast kittenhood is whizzing by! She is 4 months old now - just so amazing!!!!

Princesss04
December 29th, 2004, 10:53 AM
How sweet!!! They grow so fast. :D One smart little kitty. Cry Baby would lay on our Dish Network box all the time. We never caught him in it but one day it would not work so we called the company to come in and look at it they had to put a new box in because that one had so many hairs in it. It had burnt up. LOL :evil:

glasslass
December 29th, 2004, 11:02 AM
I have a flat screen monitor that fits neatly into my reproduction oak rolltop computer desk. Puss-Puss has discovered there's a nice space behind the monitor where nothing piles up as I'm working. That's her spot - when she's not trying to get my attention!

Schwinn
December 29th, 2004, 11:21 AM
How sweet!!! They grow so fast. :D One smart little kitty. Cry Baby would lay on our Dish Network box all the time. We never caught him in it but one day it would not work so we called the company to come in and look at it they had to put a new box in because that one had so many hairs in it. It had burnt up. LOL :evil:

Yes, you need to be careful about getting hair in the cooling slots. It could cause a short, and in probably very rare cases, a fire. Then your kitty would be VERY warm! You can buy a shelf that goes over the top of the monitor and has space under it so that the monitor still cools. I wouldn't put a blanket over it while it was on, because that can hamper the cooling of the monitor. Maybe keeping the kitty off while you are using it, then putting a thin cotton blanket on after you are done, that way your kitty will be able to lie on it when you are finished (as we know she will! ;) ), and you'll keep the hairs out. Also, she'll still get the warmth, and since the monitor is off, it isn't in danger of getting hotter, only taking a little while longer to cool. Or put a thin screen over the top, like a piece of sheer curtain or something. That way both you and your kitty can both enjoy your surfing time!

Bugsy
December 29th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Yin Yin is a little advertising exec in her own right! Someone call Microsoft :p

maddoxies
December 29th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Now we know what to do with those obsolete monitors !!! Kitty heaters !!

And PLEASE, no one tell my mini doxie, the little :evil: loves to be warm and he is an acrobat

CyberKitten
December 29th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks!! I actually placed a towel over it thinking of hair and her comfort but I'll look for the attachment LR and Schwinn mentioned. Do you know what they are called and who sells them? (Tho my dad's hobby is woodworking so if I could get plans...)

I vacuum the monitor after she has been on it - I often vacuum the hard drive too - you'd be amazed what hair and dust gets in there!! One day, she decided the top of the monitor is the perfect perch for grooming - I can just envision all that hair flying into those slots - I have kept her off for the most part - the wonderous thing about kittens is that even tho they have a good memory, they are easily distracted. :)

She us SUCH a good kitty tho that if it were not for the fire possibility, I'd take out an extra monitor (We must have 5 old used computers - I hand them down to my brother and he gives me them back when I buy a new one and I just never got rid of them - I still have my VIC 20 and Commodore 64, lol -) and let her sleep on that BUT I know it is not safe!

Last night for example, someone came in to bring me something and walked all over the kitchen floor. Before I could say hello, Yin Yin had walked in the dirt and snow and her white fur was filthy!! I gave her a bath and for my efforts, received not one scratch or bite. I did have to listen to some Siamese squawking mind you after she realized her feet were in water!! But she was amazingly good! She even allowed me to use the blow dryer on LOW over the towel that was covering her to help dry her off and then purred when it came time to groom her (She LOVES grooming!!)

Cinnabear
December 29th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Nice pic. Gorgeous cat.

glasslass
December 29th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Guess I'll have to take time to clean my desk. Just realized I have an American Flyer water tower on my desk. Amazing what you get used to ignoring! :D

CyberKitten
December 29th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Now there is a good perch, lol

Iggette
December 30th, 2004, 06:20 AM
My Min Min loves the moniter as well and I thought of the hair issue so now I have tilted it so she can't get compfortable without falling off :( She has plenty of other warm places to be :)

Schwinn
December 30th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Guess I'll have to take time to clean my desk. Just realized I have an American Flyer water tower on my desk. Amazing what you get used to ignoring! :D

That's nothing! There appears to be a cat hiding behind it!

glasslass
December 30th, 2004, 10:19 AM
My own little "dust bunny"! :D