Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog walking groups

Catt31
December 27th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Could we have a forum for listing groups that take their dogs to offleash areas in specific cities? (does that make sense?)

For example, we've started one here in Calgary, so it could list when we go, where, directions to the park, who to contact, etc. So newcomers who live in Calgary could see this, and decide to come and meet us too. It was totally fun, and neat to put faces to the names, and to form a "cohesion" of dog walkers in Calgary.

It's early :rolleyes: - I'm blathering - does that make sense Marko?? :crazy:

Iggette
December 29th, 2004, 05:24 AM
I think it's good but I'm sure I'm alone out here :o Not to many close to me but I could visit somewhere sometime if I knew of a regular meeting :)

Catt31
December 29th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Yeah totally!! And, you never know!! Someone else might be close to you and not even realize it!! This way it would become a regular thing. It would also be handy if you were visiting another city for the weekend - you'd know of a good off leash park and could meet up with them if you wanted!!

whinnie-boo
December 29th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Catt31,

I love this idea. I recently stepped up to be the Brampton Area Organizer for Pit-bull meet-ups @ www.meetup.com

Every third Saturday of the month we do meet up so our kids can all play with others like them, since its so hard to find playmates for them.

Check it out and set one up for your area. I've already suggested a PETS.CA meet-up so we could all get to know eachother if we're in the same area, but didn't get a good response. Though I only have 2 members in our group. Once we spread the wrod and more join, I think it will be fun, not only for me, But mostly for Whin & Boo.