Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shaking dog with tremors

lkleinhenz
December 26th, 2004, 04:32 PM
My Weimaraner is a typically a healthy 8-year-old dog, but she has had some problems with pancreatitis and vomiting in the past. This week she again was diagnosed with pancreatitis after having some blood work done. She has been on medicine (Cimetidine and Carafate) to calm her stomach. She has regular stool now and no more vomiting but she has started shaking excessively, even to the point where her teeth are chattering. It's Christmas weekend and my vet is not in the office and I am very worried, as I have never seen her shake like this. She does stop shaking, but then it starts again later.

Is shaking the sign of the begining of any serious dog ailments like cancer or kidney failure?

Lucky Rescue
December 26th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Middle-aged female dogs seem to be most often affected by pancreatis, and the shaking can be a sign of pain.

Here's a good article on this condition. Hope your dog will feel better!!
Pancreatitis (http://www.gvsvet.com/pancreatitis.htm)

lkleinhenz
December 26th, 2004, 07:58 PM
This article was very helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to forward it. The vet had mentioned some, but not all of these things, so the knowledge is very helpful. I will make sure to keep treats and table scraps away from my dog in the future.