Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog has running nose

Aldo DeL Rosari
December 25th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Hi its after xmas here so merry xmas to you guys. My dog developed a running nose and keeps on sneezing. Currently i have colds and my dog may have contracted it from me. Is this even possible and if yes what type of medicine do i give my Japanese spitz? She's been awfully picky with her food and also she seems some depress and sleepy however she manages to get in the mood everytime we go out for a walk. Other symptoms are although she sneezes , her nose is dry.. Pls help

Lucky Rescue
December 25th, 2004, 10:16 PM
HI! Your dog *could* have a respiratory infection and may need antibiotics, from the symtoms you describe. Of course it could be something else entirely. Do not give medication without consulting a vet. Your dog needs to be seen asap.

She may overlook her illness at walk time because she wants to go so badly.

Aldo DeL Rosari
December 30th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. Went to the vet and he advised the same medication..antibotics..and he also said that my dog was already old she being 12 years and normally japanese spitz just live up to 11-15 years...she seems to be responding to the medicine..and hopefully she fully recovers
Happy New year and God bless..

raingirl
December 30th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Glad to hear your dog is well. Nice to see someone here from the Phillipines. My boyfriend was born there (can't remember where though). We plan on visiting some time in the future and I can't wait!

ecampuza2000
November 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks so much for the reply. Went to the vet and he advised the same medication..antibotics..and he also said that my dog was already old she being 12 years and normally japanese spitz just live up to 11-15 years...she seems to be responding to the medicine..and hopefully she fully recovers
Happy New year and God bless..

my dog is having running nose and I have taken to 3 different doctors but nothnig happens helps, he is not feeling good!!!! he is old too!!!! help

ecampuza2000
November 25th, 2006, 10:21 PM
please help my dogs has running nose since 4 weeks ago and my doctors do not help much they do not find anythnig since he is old they think is about time!!!

please help what should I do!!! there is some medine around that it help him out!!!

Thanks