Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Help

trimeal
December 23rd, 2004, 08:41 PM
ok....i am looking after my friends dog for the holiday and today his leg started just shaking....i just thought it was nothing and left it. About 30 minutes ago i noticed it again. I thought this was strange, After about another 20 min i noticed it has started all over jis body. His front legs, back legs, and his body.He will shake for a second then not shake for like 4 seconds then shake again, and it is like that constanly. Not his head though. I am getting really worried. It's no because he is cold because he has been in a warm house for about an hour. And he doesnt seem to want to drink or eat. He also is a tiny dog. He is a cross, he is a pomagrainian ****zo. And i dont know whats wrong plz help

Lucky Rescue
December 23rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Did your friend mention anything about this? Is this the first time you've cared for this dog?

Some tiny breeds are prone to shaking and this dog may just be anxious, over excited or nervous at being away from home.

How long has it been since he ate or drank anything?

Karin
December 23rd, 2004, 09:40 PM
Same questions as Lucky Rescue inquired...adding is this the first time being left alone? And have you called the owners?

Small breeds tend to tremble more than larger breeds when upset. (My 85 pounder thinks along these lines too though)

Not eating or drinking water after one day would concern me...not drinking after 2 days, I would really be concerned.

Shaykeija
December 23rd, 2004, 11:35 PM
could the dog have ingested something? do you have a real tree up or a poinsetta plant that it may have gotten at? When in doubt bring the little one to the vet just to make sure. Trust e your friend will love you for making sure their baby is ok.

Bugsy
December 24th, 2004, 12:54 AM
. It's no because he is cold because he has been in a warm house for about an hour.
Where is he otherwise?
.

trimeal
December 24th, 2004, 01:59 AM
well good news we took it to the vet and we had some clues earlyer...and he had something wrong with something...( nothing serious!!!!) he just ate a CHristmas chocolate when he snuck over to the other room.lol. but luckly it was milk chocolate( the vet said tho's are the best kind a dog should eat if he ever has any chocoalte. cuz they contain less caffine and some other chemicle.) but they gave him a chot and me a candy.lol accually i took it out of one of tho's little candy bowls...lol( wow the candy thing was pointless!) and now he will be fully back to normal by monday



Thanks to every one who posted. You are all very nice people , i am suprissed i got such a quick responce.. and i hope to talk to you all just not on how my dog is sick( accually friends dog)


ANd MERRY CHRISTMAS
or
Happy HAnica??( sorry about spelling)
or
Good Quanza..( sorry again)

whinnie-boo
December 24th, 2004, 08:46 AM
Glad to hear your friends dog is better, I would be terrified if something like that happened to my friedns pet while I was watching it.
You did the right thing coming here to ask & taking him to the vet, for the most part this board is wonderful for finding helpful people who want to help, or may have an experience they can share.
Welcome...Do you have any fur babies of your own??????

Little Angels
December 24th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Great news that he is now okay.

Keep him warm and enjoy christmas with him

glasslass
December 24th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Glad he's going to be ok! Good for you taking him to the vet! Chocolate can be fatal to a dog, even a small amount, especially for a tiny dog! Keep him away from the candy bowl! By the time you have to return him, I bet you'll be hooked and looking for one of your own. ;)

trimeal
December 24th, 2004, 05:51 PM
ya thanks.. and someobdy asked me about having my own dog, and or cat. And well i used to :sad: but he died about 5 months ago :sad: ! but its good at have a dog i the house again.

BMDLuver
December 24th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Sorry for the loss. It's difficult. Glad you could borrow one for the holidays!