Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Max

Copper'sMom
December 22nd, 2004, 09:54 AM
My fearless little guy was tragically hit by a car a week ago today. I can't log in to the virtual pet cemetary and just realized this forum was here!

I miss - going home everyday and Max being there to greet us.
I miss - him waking us up in the morning, walking all over us, licking our faces and tugging on any jewellery I am wearing.
I miss - everytime I grab a canned good out of the cupboard(whether it is for him or not!) and the can opener he comes out of nowhere and meows until he gets something.
I miss - not seeing him curled up with the dog on the couch all cuddled together.
I miss - him not chasing the dogs and causing a ruckus amongst the other cats in the house.
I miss - him following me on every trip from the garage to the house to bring firewood in.
I miss - him eyeing our finches!
I miss - cleaning his footprints on the bathroom counter and the toilet seat!
I miss - him jumping in the Jeep when I have the door open.
I miss - his affectionate personality, and his fiesty personality.
I miss - holding him like a sleeping baby when watching t.v.
I just plain miss him :sad:

glasslass
December 22nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
:sorry: Wish I could give you a real hug right now! This will have to do! :grouphug: When we lost T'Grrr, I missed most the soft look he'd give me when I woke up. I'd like to share this with you. It's a print of a watercolor I found on the net that looks just like him called "Love Eyes" painted by Drew Strouble. Sorry, the complete picture is too big for my scanner.

Princesss04
December 22nd, 2004, 11:49 AM
I am so very sorry about your baby. You are in our thoughts through out the up coming days. :sorry:

OwndbyaSibe
December 22nd, 2004, 01:18 PM
My sincerest sympathy. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.......but I am sending you a big hug!

Dukieboy
December 22nd, 2004, 02:08 PM
I know just how you feel. I lost my Aggie last Feb. She was 23 years old. The grief can be so overwelming. I am sorry for your loss.

Copper'sMom
December 22nd, 2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks All!! :grouphug: I have had animals all of my life and I get so attached. We have lost many due to old age, illness or tragedies like this one. It's the loss of a pet you can never get used to. I used to volunteer and work at a vet clinic and even then, caring for an ill animal for a few days and then it passes on was at times difficult. The more time you spend with an animal the harder it is. I know it could have been prevented(keeping him inside) but I also know he loved going outdoors. If he didn't, he wouldn't have insisted on peeing on my couch!(little bugger :love: ) But I loved him just the same. We have acres and acres of land but he had to venture out to the road. At least the time we had was memorable and that's what I will carry forever in my heart along with my other deceased loves.

chico2
December 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Copper's Mom,Max was so beautiful...I completely understand,sometimes it feels like you'll never get over the loss,I know people say you can't compare losing an animal to losing a person,but to me it certainly was a terrible loss each time,not easily over-come...we just miss their presence soo much,just like you would a person.
My cats,all but one died from old age and illness,so you are prepared,in a way....but with Max it was an accident,which must be even harder :sad:
All of us here feel for you and give you a great big :grouphug:

Ps,that painting is beautiful....

CyberKitten
December 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss Cooper's mom!

((((((((((((Cooper's Mom))))))))))))))

You need to give yourself lots of time and space to grieve! And Max was so important to you that it will take lots of time. (I still can hardly look at bunnies without a few tears and it has been well over a year since my baby died!!)

Take care of and be good to yourself!!! There are a number of pet loss resources online. (If you have not already found them or want my list, let me know).

mona_b
December 22nd, 2004, 05:15 PM
Sooooo sorry for your loss.I know how you feel.I just lost my beautiful 8yr old GSD Yukon in Sept.And it still hurts.It will take time.But you just have to think of all the memories and the time spent.But I have to be strong for my other one Tron.He too has been grieving.

:grouphug:

twinmommy
December 22nd, 2004, 07:17 PM
Cooper's Mom, I am sooo sorry :sorry: for your loss. Max was a beautiful baby, and you have the memories of him that will last forever. Take the time you need to grieve, and know that we are all keeping you in our thoughts during this tough time. :grouphug:

Bugsy
December 22nd, 2004, 09:02 PM
I'm so sorry. You have my deepest sympathies :sad:

Copper'sMom
February 8th, 2005, 08:21 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this so I posted it here.

When I had my new stray George at the vet, I told my vet that I had lost Max so they could take his records off their file(so i don't receive vaccination reminders for him!). Well today, I received a sympathy card from her! :) . Karla(my vet) knows how much I love my animals, regardless of how long I've had them. My last kitten was pts and I cried so much, the staff started to cry too :sad: . I was so touched today by that card! :)

I also think I got Max back through George :love: :angel: . There are definite similarities!!

meb999
February 10th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I'm sooo sorry for your loss...I just lost my Georgie a few weeks ago, so I know what you're going through.
Take time to grieve, I wish there was something I could say to make it easier on you....
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/smileyhug.gif

happycats
February 10th, 2005, 08:41 PM
i am so sorry for your loss coopers mom, my thoughts are with you.

Lucky Rescue
February 15th, 2005, 09:48 AM
OH that's awful! I"m so sorry!! :sad: Max was just beautiful.

sammiec
February 15th, 2005, 10:26 AM
I am so sorry for your loss! :sad:

Copper'sMom
June 9th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Six months later........I still miss you so much Max!!!!! I can't stop thinking about you the last few days.

happycats
June 9th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Did Not Die

Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumnís rain.
When you awaken in the morningís hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

Melinda Sue Pacho

chico2
June 9th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Coppers mom,of course you do..and you made me cry all over again,having had some scary moments with Rocky lately,I was thinking about if he would die and it is unimaginable..he's my shadow,always there,with a soft purr of comfort,or his snoring in my bed,he's just there and I love him so much..I can soo understand you :sad:

Copper'sMom
June 9th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the poem, happycats. Aww chico, i'm sorry to upset you! You and Rocky are in my prayers. :grouphug:

Luba
June 9th, 2005, 04:05 PM
You'll never forget Max he was such a special part of your life. It's been a couple years since I lost my last dog and I think about him every day and still miss him. It does get easier, the thinking part doesn't always make ya cry anymore...you start to remember funny happy things and such.

Max will always be with you, in many many ways!