Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for Golden Retriever Breeder in Quebec are

angiet61
December 21st, 2004, 10:58 PM
Hello everyone!
After so much serious thinking my family and I have finally decided to get a pet dog :) The kids cant WAIT! But, their wait till have to be a bit longer. we decided on a Golden Retriever. that is for sure!!! Now we are looking for a good and reputable breeder. We live in Montreal Canada. is there anyone that can help us or guide us in finding a good breeder? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks to all in advance :)

Angie

CyberKitten
December 21st, 2004, 11:38 PM
Just wondered if you have considered a rescue grouP? Many people do not realize that 25 per cent of all rescues are purebred puppies and kittens. (At least that is the figure I alwauys hear).

You could check Petfinder ("http:///www.petfinder.com" ) and see if there are any Goldens available.

(I only recently learned how different Goldens were from labs from someone on this Board.)

Good luck!! Goldens ARE beautiful dogs!

angiet61
December 21st, 2004, 11:44 PM
thanks so much for your help :) they are excellent pets for a young family and i surely hope we can find one to love and enjoy!
angie :o

BMDLuver
December 22nd, 2004, 05:46 AM
remember that Quebec is full of puppy mills. Some look very good upfront. Make sure they are CKC registered and then contact the CKC to make sure they are in good standing. Also ask for references from previous families who purchased a puppy from the breeder and vet references. Do your homework so that it won't lead to heartache later.

mona_b
December 22nd, 2004, 08:18 PM
You can try a Golden Rescue in your area.If there is one.

How far are you willing to travel?

Also,IF going the breeder route,you need to realize these licenced breeders put you on a waiting list "before" breeding takes place.But a few will pups that are returned to the breeder for one reason or another.You will go through alot of red tape.Many many questions will be asked.

Here is what you should be looking for in a licenced breeder.

Sire and Dam are of Champion(show) or titled pedigree.
Both have been OVF and OVC certified.Eyes,hips,elbows,and heart screened
Temperment Tested
Belong to their breed club
Written Guarentee

Make sure they answer ALL questions you ask them.

meimei
December 23rd, 2004, 03:54 AM
If you've got your heart set on a puppy, and can't deal with adoption, then yes there are reputable breeders here in Quebec, albeit, they aren't as popular and as easy to find as the puppy mills are.

Please contact the Canadian Kennel Club. They will tell you the name(s) of reputable breeders. Please DO NOT buy one out of a pet store.

Also the Golden Retriever society of Canada can point you in the right direction.

In essence if you take your newly appointed ownership seriously, do your research and make a responsible decision.

Last week at the SPCA there were two beautiful ones, why not check there first , (you'll be saving a life), or check with any Canadian Golden rescue society!

Happy Holidays
MM

maddoxies
December 23rd, 2004, 09:54 AM
www.goldenrescuequebec.com

This is our website

Lucky Rescue
December 23rd, 2004, 10:31 AM
If you definitely want to buy a puppy, I suggest you contact the Golden Retriever Club of Canada

http://www.grcc.net/