Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

weird quirks

Catt31
December 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM
As many of you know, we've had Brick for almost a year. He was a pound dog, so he did have some issues with separation, sharing, and playing nicely with other dogs. We have overcome all of those problems and he can play very nicely with all other dogs...except golden retrievers. For some ODD reason, every goldie we've run into, he has gotten into a bit of a tiff with. And it hasn't been just one or two dogs, its been in the 20's. It is rather strange, when no other breed of dog sets him off like goldies!!

I'm not overly concerned, I just thought I'd see if anyone else had any issues like this with their dogs. More of a "things that make you go HMMMMM" post!!! :thumbs up :confused: :thumbs up

Merry Holidays everyone!!!

Schwinn
December 21st, 2004, 05:43 PM
He has a thing for blondes??

Daisy seems to have a problem with little dogs, but gets along with big dogs. I think it's just the way some dogs are wired.

TobsterMom
December 21st, 2004, 05:47 PM
Have you tried introducing him to a Golden X? Maybe that would trick him into it, wouldn't he feel silly when he found out. LOL :D

Catt31
December 21st, 2004, 05:49 PM
LMAO - it is very possible!! He is a STUDLY red head after all!!! ;););)

I'm sure some of the ones we've seen have been crosses - doesn't matter to him...... :eek: I think my dog is racist....LOL

Karin
December 21st, 2004, 06:27 PM
Dogs have opinions too. Ciara has her funky opinions about certain people and other animals..she is the motherly type of all creatures from horses to kitties, but there a a few she would rather not be around and makes that very clear. For example, Ciara was raised with a Scottie, Duncan Nonuts. She thinks every Scottie she sees is him...we have two different Scotties right now as neighbors, one, McDuff, she cannot wait to see and drags me over to him. The other one, she despises. Ciara gets very upset when she does see him. (I do not even know this dogs name because we avoid the situation)
Same issue with the horses next door. We are next door to a big TB horse farm, every so often they rotate the mares out of this pasture. Twice now this one Bay mare is by the fence. She wants to go see her "other" horse friends but gives this Bay a wide berth, like she is scared to death!

Oh well, my .02 cents.

Lucky Rescue
December 21st, 2004, 07:08 PM
Agree with Karin. My last dog only seemed to like dogs who looked kind of like him. Don't ask me how he knew what HE looked like! He seemed to dislike many short haired dogs.

My Chloe also doesn't like Goldens. I can only guess that it may be because every Golden type dog we've seen has just happened to have been super excited, jumping up, barking etc. and Chloe hates it when dogs do that. :p

heeler's rock!
December 21st, 2004, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I agree Chris. It's weird, but Helix and Red HATE border collies! I'm not even joking! They only like Kia for some odd reason, but every other border, they gang up on. I think it's because Kia knows the other dogs are border collies and ignores Red and Helix when they're around so she can play with the other borders. They might be jelous and think that the dogs are gonna steal Kia away from them!!! Hahahahaha!! :)

Hey! Cool flag! :ca:

glasslass
December 22nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
Den-Den seems to recognize other poodles. He'll start playing with them immediately whereas other dogs, he'll hold back at first.