Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

got an email for free puppies

raingirl
December 21st, 2004, 08:22 AM
I got an e-mail this morning from a co-worker whose friend is giving away their puppies. I'm torn because I want a dog, but definately don't have the time for a puppy.

They said they are going to give them to a shelter at the end of this week if someone doesn't take them! The are a husky mix. Plus, they are only 4-5 weeks old!

I feel bad and was wondering if there is something I can or should do?

raingirl
December 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM
Just got an e-mail back from the coworker who said all the puppies have found an owner. At least they aren't going to the shelter!

BMDLuver
December 21st, 2004, 11:07 AM
Let's all say a prayer for these puppies that they don't end up being dumped after the holidays and the novelty of a puppy wears off. :sad:

raingirl
December 21st, 2004, 11:20 AM
I was hoping I would have been able to help, but the email came to be yesterday when I was off work sick.

I would have taken them all (at least temporarily) if it would have prevented them from going to a shelter.

I just hope they found good homes.

Trinitie
December 21st, 2004, 12:00 PM
It's a sad day when puppies are given away by e-mail, and when they're too young to safely be seperated from the mother.

Lucky it's not one of my co-workers. I think I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue.

Karin
December 21st, 2004, 07:13 PM
I am so thankful they did not end up as bucket puppies.

I'll spare the gruesome details but this is what the clueless lackingorasinglebraincellmoronredneck does in the south. (no typo, trying to sound 'nice'.)

Bearsmom
December 21st, 2004, 10:56 PM
We were actually going to take one of the puppies, but were too late.

BMDLuver
December 21st, 2004, 11:39 PM
Hate to tell you but they do it in Quebec as well or threaten to shoot them. Ontario the same... We got our wolfhound mix that way, guy shot the litter but missed the one pup and he hid under his siblings. Neighbours heard the shots and found him when they got there. His sister also made it as the bullet grazed only her shoulder.

Pleasant world we live in. :yuck:

mrmilo
December 22nd, 2004, 04:11 PM
I hope the first thing you are going to do is sugguest to your co-worker that she have the dog spayed right away. There are many, many dogs sitting in shelters and rescue waiting for homes and we don't need any more accidents. If you are not quite sure how to approach this topic please post back and I'm sure you will get lots of ideas.

mastifflover
December 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
Are humans not some of the most disgusting creatures on earth.

chico2
December 22nd, 2004, 05:14 PM
Yes Mastifflover,it certainly is true,but this Forum tells me there is still hope :love:
I am just hoping I never meet any of these inhumane creatures,or I would be spending what is left of my life in jail,all for a good cause :mad:

Karin
December 22nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
The more I am around people, the more I gravitate towards animals.