Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My new Foster Lady :)

BoxerRescueOnt
December 21st, 2004, 12:43 AM
Hi guys I got some pics of Lady our new foster dog. Im not sure who old she is. I would have to look at her paperwork. We are pretty sure that Lady was beaten by the man in the house cause if u move too quickly she slouches down. And she trembles also. We are working on it and im sure by the time she leaves she will love men(my hubby has a knack with dogs that hate men lol Well here is lady

Ps sorry the pics arent the best Will get some after the 24th when i get my digitial camera from hubby. lol

Bugsy
December 21st, 2004, 12:55 AM
Lady is a real beauty... I hope she finds herself an amazing home. As for the #@!#$% that hurt her, I hope he finds himself car-less in traffic.

Mistruzzi
December 21st, 2004, 12:57 AM
What a cute dog :angel: !How can anyone beat an innocent animal.It makes me furious!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

CyberKitten
December 21st, 2004, 01:28 AM
Awww! I do not like to think I am possible of hating anyone but the individual who would harm an animal or a child is certainly on that list! Good luck with her - and I hope you both learn much from each other. Giver him lots of TLC!!!

BoxerRescueOnt
December 21st, 2004, 02:38 AM
Thanks all about the comments on lady. She is a such an awesome dog and if i didnt have my own dogs already i would keep her in a heartbeat. They said she attacked a **** tzu puppy and we are wondering if she did what most boxers do with their front feet which is pounce as she has shown no agression to my cats and we introduced her slowly to my old boxer and was fine. They said she had major seperation anxiety and would destroy the house. We left her in my sisters room and the worst thing she did was chew a bar of ivory soap. She loves to play and if you tell her walk or car she starts to whimper. She is such a perfect dog and i am sure she will be easy to place. Also regarding her previous owners it was very obvious that it was him who wanted the dog gone. They also have another dog that is obviously white shepherd/husky but the husband of the couple swore up and down he was 75% wolf and 25% husky lol Upon getting the dog paperwork done we noticed the other dog is all skin and bones so we are making a call in the new yr about their other dog.

2 of the other ladies in our group went to do the temperment test on her and said she was a doll then also and that there was nothing wrong with her. And the one girl said she believes the husband is a boozer :( All I know is the husband will never lay a hand on this dog again thankfully and we are showing her men are ok :) Now if we could only show her that dog treats are great. Shes doesnt know what they are and she actually seems afraid to take the treat :(

BMDLuver
December 21st, 2004, 03:41 AM
She looks to be a lovely dog and sounds it too. Abigail was like that when she arrived with us. She would bolt up over the sofa and slam under the table to hide from my hubby. It took her a month to realize that not all men were horrid. This little lady is very lucky to have found all of you!

Toonces
December 21st, 2004, 07:58 AM
I am so glad that you have lady with you now. I bet it takes her no time at all to come around and realize that not all people are bad and hands are good things.

Here is a pic of our foster Reilly, he was also abused and would skitter away when we tried to pet him or get to close, he was afraid of anything you had in your hand espically the flyers that come in the mail (they come rolled up). We have had him 6 weeks now and he is a real love bug and never leaves my side. When I look in his eyes I just can't imagine how someone could be so mean.

chico2
December 21st, 2004, 09:09 AM
I am soo happy for Lady,I am sure with love and care she'll be fine and I hope the Husky also will be rescued from this cowardly dirt-bag.
Toonces,Reilly is just stunning,one lucky dog :thumbs up
I wish we had a vigilante group,who would corner these drecks of society and give them a good beating in the name of all the animals being hurt,our animal-cruelty laws are worth nothing.
But the best that can happen to these dogs is a warm and loving home,thank's to all you wonderful fosters :thumbs up

Rainy
December 21st, 2004, 09:42 AM
Lady is beautiful! I hope her forever home is as fantastic as her foster home when that happens!That neck was made for tons of kisses!!! :p

mastifflover
December 21st, 2004, 10:26 AM
What a Lucky Lady to have someone giving her all the time and attention and loving she needs. I really think these lower life forms need to experience the same treatment they have inflicted on these dogs. That would be the fitting punishment. Well I am happy she is in a safe place now and hopefully in her forever home soon

glasslass
December 21st, 2004, 11:24 AM
I keep this on my refrigerator. You guys have your spots in heaven reserved!

Lucky Rescue
December 21st, 2004, 12:30 PM
Thanks for saving these poor babies.

Anyone who abuses animals should be put in the ring with Mike Tyson, when he's having a bad day. :mad:

wAggie
December 22nd, 2004, 12:10 AM
he was afraid of anything you had in your hand espically the flyers that come in the mail (they come rolled up). We have had him 6 weeks now and he is a real love bug and never leaves my side. When I look in his eyes I just can't imagine how someone could be so mean.

it's so sad how the remember the abuse for so long... at least remember the motions, tho when they look at YOU they learn you would NEVER do that to them... :love: to your Reilly

BoxerRescueOnt, congrats on Lady!! WHOO! you mentioned a temperament test that you had done on Lady... how does that work?

Toonces
December 22nd, 2004, 07:39 AM
Thankyou wAggie, I gave Reilly a big smootch from you (his big head is resting on my lap right now as I type)

It is so sad how they remember and you wish you could wipe it from their memory so they could start out fresh. Considering where Reilly came from he has come such a long way and learned so much, he has the best disposition I have ever seen and greets friends and strangers all the same, with a big wet kiss and then gets a toy to play with (something he never had)

I hope lady forgets very soon where she came from and laps up all love and attention, her eyes say it all and I wish I could give her a big hug.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the husky

maddoxies
December 22nd, 2004, 12:53 PM
I still vote for the shovel (without the shotgun first)

mastifflover
December 22nd, 2004, 01:01 PM
I think these scum deserve exactly the same treatment inflicted on them. An eye for an eye since the justice system never penalizes them neary enough. I they did these things to a human they would be in jail and it should be the same for animals.

Bearsmom
December 22nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
I am so glad that you have lady with you now. I bet it takes her no time at all to come around and realize that not all people are bad and hands are good things.

Here is a pic of our foster Reilly, he was also abused and would skitter away when we tried to pet him or get to close, he was afraid of anything you had in your hand espically the flyers that come in the mail (they come rolled up). We have had him 6 weeks now and he is a real love bug and never leaves my side. When I look in his eyes I just can't imagine how someone could be so mean.

Oh my GAWD what a beautiful boy!!! Who do you foster for????? Hint: We're looking for another dog.....

Bugsy
December 22nd, 2004, 09:21 PM
I still vote for the shovel (without the shotgun first)

Right behind you let's go... now where is my shovel?

wAggie
December 23rd, 2004, 12:23 AM
Thankyou wAggie, I gave Reilly a big smootch from you (his big head is resting on my lap right now as I type)

I hope lady forgets very soon where she came from and laps up all love and attention, her eyes say it all and I wish I could give her a big hug.

awwww, I LOVE that!! the head on lap, choco does that, same w honey tho honey can actually pretend she's a lap dog, choco doesnt even try!

:p

Toonces
December 23rd, 2004, 08:21 AM
Hi Bearsmom. I foster for gsrt, you can see more dogs like Reilly and read his bio at www.gsrt.net but I can tell you a bit about him here.

He will chew when left alone so he is in his crate when we are working at nite he sleeps in the bedroom with us and our 2 other dogs and 2 cats (what a site lol ) we are working on housebreaking and so far so good just the odd accident. His previous owners kept him in a crate from the time he was 8 weeks untill we got him Oct 31st so he knows nothing and still thinks he is a big pup, we have taught him sit shake a paw and down and are working on stay and he has no recall what so ever outside so he must be fenced and will need obedience lessons but he is very smart and loves to please so I imagine he will pass with flying colors.

He loves to play with our kitty Emma and tries to play with my 2 female dogs but they have no part of it. He would be good with older children that are not afraid of his size and he does nip like a puppy does and we are also working on that.

He is on a special diet because 2 weeks after we got him he bloated and had to have emergency surgery, the poor little guy has had a pretty rough go in life but with the right owners and training he will be the perfect family dog. he loves everyone and has shown no signs of aggresion at all, you can take anything out of his mouth or take his food and he just gives you this big goofy look, the only time we have a problem with him is when he has to go to the vet (he hates the vet) but I don't like ppl that come at me with big needles either lol. I could go on forever about him, he is such a dear soul and we just adore him . You can fill out an application on the web site if you like and thanks so much for asking

Bearsmom
December 29th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Yes, I've talked with Laureen, she's a sweetheart. Unfortunately, gsrt probably won't adopt to us, as we have a 20 month old at home. I've asked her to let me know if they get any young pups in.

Toonces
December 30th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Laureen is a sweetie isn't she, one of the kindest people I know. Maybe some day she will get some pups or an older dog that is ok with wee ones.

If Reilly seen a baby crawling on the floor I'm sure he would think it was a toy for him to play with, my neice is 5 and very tiny and we have to keep a very close eye on him when she comes or he will knock her down.

Good luck with you search I'm sure you are an awesome mommy! :D

Bearsmom
December 30th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks. Laureen had asked if we'd foster, but I wouldn't be able to part with any of the dogs once we had one in our home. I keep an eye out for pups on the website, but they don't seem to come in too often.

I admire you for all you do in your fostering!

Toonces
December 30th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks Bearsmom

Reilly is our second foster our first was Jerry and I cried like a baby the day he was adopted but he went to an amazing home and now we have Reilly with us to help so that makes it all worth while. Here is a pic of Jerry

Bearsmom
December 30th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Aw, you're KILLIN' me!!!!!!!!!!

Toonces
December 31st, 2004, 02:54 PM
LOL he sure is cute isn't he!

BoxerRescueOnt
January 8th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Well I thought i would update everyone and post some pics :)
Ive taken pics over the last couple of weeks and will post them here. I also got a perfect pic of her new family and her together at my house :)
She is going be a very spoiled little girl. She is going to be loved on by 3 kids(who dont have tv but for 2 hours on sunday and only educational video games) So the kids will be spending alot of time with her. She absoutely loves kids and would rather be with the kids then the adults. Anyway here are her pics and her new family.

Its been a few hours and we already miss her :sad:

BoxerRescueOnt
January 8th, 2005, 01:48 AM
Sorry about the red eye in the pics :( Still learning my digi cam :)

This is the lovely family that has taken our girl. Its awful quiet here tonite without her here but we also have our new foster in Murdock. A boxer with a tail :) I will show pics of him once we have some meat on his bones

chico2
January 8th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Lucky Lady...that pic,gets me all mushy and teary-eyed,you fosters are just simply wonderful :love: :crazy: