Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Movies and videos?

Luvmypit
December 20th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I think it would be great if possible to be able to add small movies and videos. I assume this probably isn't possible as it would take alot of space. I was just looking at a video of capone having a bath and thought how much my fellow pets.caers would love to see such videos. Even just 30 second clips Im not talking full out movies. Possible or no?

CyberKitten
December 20th, 2004, 07:06 PM
It would depend on how much room is on the server and whether it could hold movies which (depending on the format) can take up mega space. Possibly, you could upload a movie (and a 30 second avi file is likely at least 1.5 MB) to your personal web space that you get with your ISP and just link it to there?

I just have a feeling that when there is a limit for the pictures (jpegs etc), that space is likely at a premium. (and you have to pay for the space). I noted the SPCA in BC has small avi files for their pets- liked that alot!!

marko
December 21st, 2004, 01:58 PM
Another good idea, that we are thinking of as well.

We will be adding new features to this site but we need to do them one by one. New features are already planned for next year. Our goal is to add features on a REGULAR basis.

The chat is first...which will be completed shortly (I hope).

Please keep the suggestions coming and if people want to PM or email me with their technical expertise, well that of course is greatly appreciated. :D