Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 Angora Cats to adopt

Julia Evans
December 20th, 2004, 03:42 PM
2 male Angora Cats who need adopting. They are 16 months old and very adorable. Shy until they are comfortable with you. Sinbad loves to be tickled on the tummy and brushed, Sullivan loves to curl up with you on the bed and be hugged.
I have pictures available. Please send requests by e-mail.

raingirl
December 20th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I thought angora was a rabbit thing...

Lucky Rescue
December 20th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Can you tell us why these cats need rehoming, and put up a pic?

There are angora cats - very pretty too.

chico2
December 20th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Yes,I had an angoracat once,he was black and beautiful his name was Sammy and lived to be 19yrs old...Why do these beauties need a new home?
I hope you realize there are thousands of cats needing homes in Canada :sad:and in Quebec especially!!

Julia Evans
December 20th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Yes, I am finding out that it is very hard to find a nice home. I am travelling a lot with my job and am unable to find suitable cat sitters. They are being left alone for longer periods of time than I think is acceptable for a pet.

I have attached their photos.

chico2
December 20th, 2004, 05:21 PM
WoW,they are beautiful..please,just do not give them to the SPCA..where they will be killed. Even a home where they spend time on their own is better than SPCA,at least they have each other,food and a warm place to sleep.

Sneaky2006
December 20th, 2004, 05:26 PM
I totally agree with Chico... sometimes I think my cats are happier when I'm not right up in their face all the time.

Why do you feel the need to have someone home with them more? So you can watch them sleep? They sleep a ton more than they play. :love:

Lucky Rescue
December 20th, 2004, 07:29 PM
I had those kittens listed on MY site. You adopted them from the Animal rescue Network. Don't you have a contract, stating that you may not give them to anyone else without consulting them??

CyberKitten
December 20th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Those are beautiful cats. I am just wondering if you can work out the travel thing. I sometimes travel in my work (maybe once a month, but I do alot by videoconf) - I teach at a university and do CME's which are seminars for docs who need to keep up their board certifications in two areas I am qualified to teach in (oncology and pediatrics). This means I sometimes travel for a couple days. So far, my baby likes to travel - she is in her carrier belted in for the drive - and there are NO complaints (er no Siamese yowls, lol).

I am not keen on leaving her alone since she is young and I stay at the same place all the time so with her great kitty memory, she already remembers and likes the place- it has her scent and more toys! I did leave her with a sitter for one night and the sitter described as "a very friendly little cat". :) She is that and more.

This week, we are in Florida - where it is not as warm as it should be, having come all this way, lol (But actually we came to visit my folks) - and she had a great time on the plane and I was able to have her with me the entire time.

It may be more difficult with two but two cats usually are not as lonesome when their human is away. Perhaps they may do better than you think while you are away?

Julia Evans
December 21st, 2004, 09:25 AM
I adopted them too and this is why I feel so terrible about the fact that I am neglecting them while I'm away from home. It's usually for 3 - 4 days at a time, sometimes twice a month. They may not be as lonely as I think, but I still feel bad for them. They are gorgeous and very affectionate and loving and it's hard to imaging that someone abandoned them in the beginning.

To Luckyrescue - I don't think I have a contract that says I can't get them adopted without consulting them first, but you may be right - I'll have to check it again - thanks - I will give them a call, I actually hadn't thought of that, they may be able to help me out. I know the foster mother Maggie really loved them

And Chico2 - I would never never give them to the SPCA - they are too precious and I fell in love with them the minute I saw them. Their personalities are really special too and very affectionate and loving for cats who were abandoned.

Rainy
December 21st, 2004, 09:35 AM
Part of being responsible for others is accepting the joy,worry and guilt that comes with it.
Am I giving them enough attention ?
Enough food?
Too much attention?
Too much food? etc...etc...etc....
You seem to love your cats and I believe the best place for them is with you,unless there is another reason for rehoming them.
As a mom of furbabies and human kiddos I would love to be with them 24/7 but I can't.
Too bad the kitties can't talk because they would probably tell you to stop worrying and they have everything they need! Food,warmth and shelter ,stability and kind hands that touch them....doesn't matter if it's not as often as you think they should have
:)

chico2
December 21st, 2004, 10:58 AM
Rainy,how's Winnie doing???Please give us an up-date! I hope she and your other furries are ok :thumbs up
And I agree totally with the cats staying were they are,it cannot be that difficult to get someone bonded to come in an see them at least once.
The cats are the happiest in their home,with their owner..it's not like they are some un-feeling creatures you can just pass along to others and they'll be happy,unless you have another reason to re-home them,I don't believe you have the cats best interest at heart :sad:
With my own cats,sure they would be un-happy,but I would never consider giving them to someone else,they are my responsability and I love them.
Did you not know about your situation when you adopted them??Adoptions should be for life-time,otherwise don't adopt.
Sorry for being harsh,but I needed to speak my mind.

Rainy
December 21st, 2004, 11:05 AM
chico2 ,Winnie is settled in nicely :) Her and Smokey get along great! Well.....almost great LOL he's a kitten still and bugs Winnie but I don't think she minds too much.She sounds like a scary beast still when he's bugging her but it's all talk ;) Winnie has the multiple 2 paw smak down to an artform!No claws have come out yet so I think all is good :D
end of thread highjack LOL ooops!

chico2
December 21st, 2004, 11:07 AM
Rainy,I'm really happy to hear that,lucky,lucky Winnie to have you :grouphug: