Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Dog Update

sc00b3rt
December 19th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Sigh...

I have horrible news. The doggie we adopted that was abused has passed away.

The doggy ended up being extremely sick. About 5 days after I posted the dog started to have blood in the stool and throwing up constantly. I immediately took him to the vet and was told that he was so sick that there was nothing they could do for him. We had to put him down.

The vet said that his problems of not moving,etc. were probably from his illness.

I am so upset about this entire experience. I am MAD at the shelter for not checking this animal better before sending him home with us. I am MAD that this dog was treated so poorly it resulted in him being so sick. I am MAD that my children are left with no friend.

Thanks to everyone who posted and helped me with this poor little guy.

chico2
December 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Awww Scoob,my heart goes out to you and the poor dog :sad: I was always under the impression if you get a dog from a shelter,he would have had a health-check,but I guess that is not the case :sad: :sad:

meb999
December 19th, 2004, 04:28 PM
:sorry:
so sorry for your loss :sad:
I hope this doesn't deter you from rescueing another pooch. I believe that MOST rescues DO have a thorough health check-up before adopting out.
I wish you all the luck in the world in finding a new friend for you and your kids

CyberKitten
December 19th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I am so sorry to hear about what you and your family went through. There are many reliable and cerible rescue groups and perhaps after some time, if you are still up to it, you could look into adopting again. Everyone grieves differently though!!

This is always tough for children!! Give them lots of love and attention!