Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buddy has an ear ache :-(

SammiGurl88
December 17th, 2004, 10:09 PM
My dog Buddy has an ear ache. By any chance, does anyone know any Home Remedies to help with it? Any suggestions, e~mail me at :

DsturbedLilGrl8@aol.com or
SleepWith1EyeOpen8@yahoo.com

Thank You,
Samantha :love:

CyberKitten
December 17th, 2004, 10:20 PM
I practice the traditional sort of medicine but do realize some homepathic products are good. (My vet recently joked to me about how we sop ften use willow, lol - ASA being from the Willow tree, almost everyone does that high school preequsite chem lab where you make asa, lol).

If you go to any search engine and type "earache" amd "homepathic", you will find a large selection.

Personally, though, I'd give the dog something for the pain (something recc'd by a vet!) and if it is not resolved, see a vet!!

Good luck!!

SammiGurl88
December 17th, 2004, 10:24 PM
Well, we cannot see the Vet until Monday...So...we aren't really sure what to give him for the pain, because we can't talk to the vet yet until Monday, i mean, could we use Alcolol or something? Someone even told me once to use Vinigar in his ear...but I wasn't too sure about that. Anything around the house I could use?

CyberKitten
December 17th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Here is a link on earaches in pets

http://www.ivillage.com/pets/petsymptomsolver/ears/articles/0,,413228_430768,00.html

and another on pain relief in dogs:

http://www.vetinfo4dogs.com/dpain.html#Pain%20control

What do you usually give him for pain?

An earache is really a symptom and treating it just helps the earache. You will atr some point have to find out why he has an earache!

I hope he feels better soon!!

Renee
July 14th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Sammy I know what you're going through and need help myself on the ear thing. I have taken my baby Boxer doggie to the Vet twice already, he gives him medication and it helps for a few weeks only. He is an "inside" dog too, so I can't see that it would be mites. My other dog does not suffer from that. BUT, I hear that "sulferdene" cream will help relieve the pain. Good luck to you and your baby.

goldenblaze
July 14th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Yes you can use vinegar but it must be mixed with water,
I used this for Blaze after Dr Judy telling me about it and yes it is safe. Mix 1/2 water 1/2 vinegar, very small amount and put in dogs ear. Let the dog move his head and it will clean his ear out, but still go see your Vet if you try this. This was used only to clean, not because of any problems like infection.

happycats
July 14th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Check out this thread, http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6311

kandy
July 14th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I read something about using olive oil in dogs ears - but I've never tried to do that. I keep a bottle of ear cleaning solution and a bottle of the drops that you put in and massage the ear at my house at all times. My mom's rotti was really prone to ear infections and at the first sign of an irritation, we would put drops in her ears. Most of the time we caught it before it got to an actual infection. Could you go to the store and see if they have any doggie ear drops? That might tide you over until you can see the vet.