Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog engorging on christmas candy

spclarkie
December 17th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Our lab had a feast on hershey kisses and wrappers while we were out. Now, 24 hours later she is hardly walking and has no appetite. What should we do for her??

BMDLuver
December 17th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Toxic is highly toxic to dogs, not to mention the tinfoil can be quite a hazard! Take her to the vet immediately.

BMDLuver
December 17th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Chocolate is highly toxic to dogs.

Karin
December 17th, 2004, 08:31 PM
To the vet now!


Scold her later for not inviting us to the chocolate party.

Scold yourself for putting the candy in her reach..then get over it! ( We all learn this way..)


Do as the vet say's and all will be okay. Stop kicking yourself too!

Rarely does a dog die from one encounter with chocolate....although when I was a kid I thought i was going bite the big hershey after too much candy on Holloween.

twinmommy
December 18th, 2004, 09:11 PM
Anybody know how this poor puppy made out? :(

BMDLuver
December 18th, 2004, 09:28 PM
He/she was still online when we posted so hopefully he whipped off to the vet's office at the speed of light!