Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on stray cat

Sneaky2006
December 16th, 2004, 10:22 PM
The kitty I've named Fifi is still coming every night to eat and I've been putting the bowl closer and closer to my back door and tonight she ate on the steps while I watched at the door.
I tried taking her pic but it was too dark, even with the light on.
I got a few of her when she ran away from the flash but all you can see are her glowing eyes... it's kinda cool.
I called animal control again and was able to talk to someone... I didn't want to deal with them at first because I didn't know where the kitty would wind up after being caught, but they informed me that they lend out live traps and once caught they take them to the HS. So I am on a waiting list to get one... I can't believe they lend them for free! So now I have to wait some more.

krdahmer
December 17th, 2004, 10:58 AM
I'm sure Fifi will appreciate every ounce of patience you have for her! I'm glad you found some help (free trap). I know that with my strays I just sit near the door so they are used to seeing me...in the summer I would sit right outside with them. They still run every time I move or someone else walks by, but I'm hoping that by the time I trap them in the spring that they are at least used to my smell,etc. So good luck to you and Fifi!