Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maltese Poodle, Direly ill multiple problems

Stephen Morgan
December 15th, 2004, 11:01 PM
My poodle is 9 years old. He had jaw surgery about a month ago and hasn't been very well since. Soon after surgery he had a minor seizure and appearently hadn't responded well to the drugs they gave him. He was alright for a while till about a week ago. He has slowed movement a lot, will not eat regularly, will not volunterly go outside to bathroom. He has been to the vets and they said to feed him foods that would pork him up a bit (he is very small and shivers a lot because it is winter here in Canada). He will eat a certain type of meat only once, usually till he is full, and will not touch that type of food again. He is starting to smell like feces although he has not had any on his person. He is drinking plenty, but wants to curl up in a warm area and sleep all the time. We are running out of options to feed him and I am very worried. The vets would like to do more bloodwork but my family is a bit tight for cash and since the last tests came up without much results we are even more worried. Plz help... :sad:

Karin
December 15th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Please follow through and go back to your vet.

Shaykeija
December 16th, 2004, 12:21 AM
please take you malti-poo to the vet. it sounds like your little dog could be going through renal failure. there were almost the same symptoms Shayker had, when she was diagnosed. :sad: try to get to your vet. lets us know how you dog made out.