Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog has painful leisions on feet and body

klang1003
December 15th, 2004, 05:30 PM
My 10 year old golden retriever has a big red leision growing from the pad of his paw. I noticed it today when I went to investigate he has been very lathargic and sleepy for 2 days now. I also discovered a very bad rash on his belly right by his penis. It is a pretty big rash. This leision on his foot is very painful. That is why he hasn't been walking around. he hasn't eaten all day.

He had what looked like a hot spot on his head and it took me two months to get rid of it. Could he had diabeties

Lucky Rescue
December 15th, 2004, 05:40 PM
What does your vet say about this so far?

Karin
December 15th, 2004, 05:47 PM
My 10 year old golden retriever has a big red leision growing from the pad of his paw. I noticed it today when I went to investigate he has been very lathargic and sleepy for 2 days now. I also discovered a very bad rash on his belly right by his penis. It is a pretty big rash. This leision on his foot is very painful. That is why he hasn't been walking around. he hasn't eaten all day.

He had what looked like a hot spot on his head and it took me two months to get rid of it. Could he had diabeties

What you are describing could not happen over night..so, like Lucky Rescue said..What did your vet say?

You need to burn rubber all the way to your vets now.

mastifflover
December 15th, 2004, 05:49 PM
This is something you need to see your vet about I would not even venture to guess what it could be. But I would take a stool sample with you just in case he wants to run some tests.

klang1003
December 15th, 2004, 06:05 PM
I just noticed this problem today. He has a vet appointment tomorrow. I was hoping that someone had experienced this also

glasslass
December 15th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I've no experience with this, but I'm glad you're seeing your vet about it! Please keep us updated. We all learn from everyone's experiences.

justncase
December 17th, 2004, 03:41 PM
There is something that should help your dog, alot. It's called Barley Green and you can get it from any health food store. Mix it according to directions and let your dog drink as much as he wants. Also soak any area where there are lesions in it. (I also sent you a pm on the benefits of BFE-hope you got it)

klang1003
December 21st, 2004, 03:34 PM
The Vet Said It Is A Growth And That Under Normal Circumstances We Would Just Take Blood And Test It To Make Sure It Is Not Malignant; But Because Of The Location We Have To Surgically Take It Off. We Decided With The Vet To Wait Until After Christmas To Opperate And Then We Will Send It Off To Make Sure That It Is Not Cancer.

Final Result. It Is Just A Growht That They Say Is Very Common In Older Dogs. He Called Them Skin Tags, But In This Case It Is Extremely Painful. Thank You For All Of Your Help And Advise I Will Let You Know How Everything Turns Out