Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my at is dragging her butt

lucious the cat
December 14th, 2004, 02:31 PM
My cat last night was meowing funny, she is licking her butt frequently in the last few days. She was dragging it last night, like crawling on the floor. I dont know if she ahs worms or what. She is 6 months old. She is a very energetic cat. She flies around the house all the time. Can someone help me out with this please?

GsdDiamond
December 14th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Her meowing and dragging her bottom on the floor means she's in pain. Bring her to the Vet without delay!!!

meb999
December 14th, 2004, 02:39 PM
when dogs do that it's because their anal glands are full and need to be emptied...I agree with Gsd diamond, you should bring your cat to the vets as soon as possible
Good luck

BMDLuver
December 14th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Is the cat spayed? Could be she is in heat. :eek:

Lucky Rescue
December 14th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Could be she is in heat

Probably. If the cat is not spayed, make sure you don't let her out, and get an appointment to have her spayed soon.

GsdDiamond
December 14th, 2004, 03:18 PM
If she's crawling on all fours, and slinking very low to the ground, while meowing a deep "mowel", then yup....she's in heat and needs to be fixed.

If she's really "scooting", like I read it to be, then she has bum problems and the meowing is indicating pain and needs to see the Vet a.s.a.p.

Sunkist/Winnie
December 15th, 2004, 08:28 AM
My cats was doing this and she had impacted anal glands...took her to the vet and she cleaned her out. Only took a few minutes.

The vet thought it was because I changed her food around the time it started happening and that might have messed up her system.

She hasn't had any problems since and that was in Aug/Sept.