Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I have a new baby!

hddlstn02
December 14th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Hi all. Just wanted to let you know that I got a new puppy... Bailey. I'm 21 now & have never had a puppy. I live on a farm in the country & have had stray dogs come & stay, but never a PUPPY... It's definitly an experience!! A great one though. :thumbs up
I have been looking for a puppy for a while now and a family that lives not far from me had a litter of 5 Saint Bernards, 1 was still born, they kept 1 & gave me & my 2 older sisters each one. It's great too, b/c now we can compare stories or ask each other if the other puppies are doing the same thing. I'm so happy I got him it's not even funny.
The 1st day I was gone to work since he had been there, I still live @ home w/ my parents so they watched him for me, my Mom said he went & laid on my slippers all day. My sister said I should ask for 6 weeks maternity leave off... :p .
My critters are definitly like my babies & I think Bailey is really enjoying his new home! My 2 cats, Chauncey & Polly aren't quite sure what to think of him. They aren't exactly scared, but still don't want to get too close. I think they'll come around eventually though. I keep hoping I'll come home & find the all 3 cuddled up together, but that will probably take some time.
Anyway, thanks for listening. I'll post a pic later after I get home.
Happy Holidays everyone!

shihtzulover
December 14th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Congratulations, Can't wait to see some pics :)

CarlaD
December 15th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Congrats, I can't wait to see pics.

My cousin has a St Bernard and she is 9 months old and HUGE!

mastifflover
December 15th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Congrats and pictures must be posted of your new baby. Good luck

mona_b
December 15th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Congrats on the new furbie.

Any questions you need answereing do not hesitate to ask... :)

How old is he?

Bugsy
December 15th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Congratulations....I can't wait to see your photo's. :D

louie's mum
December 15th, 2004, 10:14 PM
awww congratulations young mamma. :D
we NEED pics.

meb999
December 15th, 2004, 11:22 PM
wow...I'm so happy for you.......and a little jealous!!! :)
like everyone else, i gotta tell you to post some pictures of your new cutie pie!

Sadie's Mom
December 16th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Ooooh that would be so nice to keep the litter together like that! I often wonder about Sadie's brothers and sisters. Enjoy your new baby and post some pics soon! St. Bernards are just GORGEOUS dogs!

twinmommy
December 16th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Congrats on the new furbaby!!! :love:

Be sure to take lots of pics and to post some!!!

All the best and happy holidays.

hddlstn02
December 16th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks for reading my post! I am trying sooo hard to get some pics put up, but my computer is in use a lot and I've been working later than usual. I will DEFINITLY get them on this weekend sometime... You will all love him!

He's about 8 1/2 weeks old right now... Weighs about 14 lbs. & is sooo furry! He loves to play & is doing great w/ house training! We give him treats when he does something good (like going potty outside) and he knows it! He'll come in from outside & sit very politely & wait on his treat. If you turn around for a couple of seconds, he'll remind you he's still there & waiting for his treat by touching your leg w/ his paw. <I try to immediately give hime his treat, but sometimes I just can't move fast enough for him.> If he does get scolded for something, he'll put his head down & walk away... It makes me feel soooo bad! But, I wait until the a few seconds after scolding then I love on him a little bit... He loves that also. I think he knows how to make me feel sorry for him! :p

Anyway, thanks for all of the replys... Pics coming soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

whinnie-boo
December 16th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Enjoy him small, it doesn't last long. My best friends owns a 8yr old short haired purebred female named Amber, and her sister from her litter, a long haired female Jayde lives with her mom. They are absolutley the biggest sucks you will ever meet. Thinking back to when they were small, they were quite the handful's. You don't see very many of them. In Brampton, I know of only 3, 2 of which my girlfreind owns.
Congrats on your new baby, please post some pic's!! ;)

GsdDiamond
December 16th, 2004, 02:05 PM
He sounds just adoreable!!! You're so right. They know how to work us don't they? :p

louie's mum
December 16th, 2004, 10:01 PM
You will all love him!
:D

i already do ... :D . great description of his furry little self. awww, now i want a little dog <but i need mine to STAY little ... unlike urs ;) > what a fun time for all of u.

wAggie
December 16th, 2004, 11:52 PM
heheheheeheheheheh

I remember when I got Chocolate, he was 10 wks old, and I was.... 19. lol.

as time went on and I moved out on my own (3 months later).... he brought me SO many tears.... and grie- OH! NO COMMENT!!

I would NEVER give up the years I've had w that boy (he's gonna b 4 in ONE WK!!! :eek: :eek: )

ENJOY UR BABY, the years are going to fly by FAST so make them COUNT!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Little Angels
December 17th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Congradulations. Love him with all your heart :angel:

mona_b
December 17th, 2004, 09:29 AM
They definately are a suckie breed.My aunt had a long haired,Tara,along with 5 Great Danes and a Newfie.They were on a farm.And a close friend of mine has a short haired named Emily.They are just so big and cuddly.. :D