Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bear Wants A Treat!

Writing4Fun
December 14th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Posting this pic on behalf of Bearsmom. Isn't he handsome?! :D

Writing4Fun
December 14th, 2004, 07:30 AM
In case you're wondering, here is Bear's "pedigree", as quoted from Bearsmom's post:
Mom to Bear (165 lb mastiff/lab/rottie mix)
:eek: 165lbs?! Now that's a lot of dog! He's very beautiful, though. Love the colours around his face! :thumbs up

jackieb
December 14th, 2004, 07:35 AM
ahh hes lovely

Bearsmom
December 14th, 2004, 08:33 AM
He just looks so small in that picture, but he really is a doll. Looks grey around the muzzle, too, but he's only 4! As you can see from my hubby's pants, Bear's a bit of a drooler, too.

And a great big thanks to writing4fun for posting this....I really do need to take a computer class........ :rolleyes:

Writing4Fun
December 14th, 2004, 08:38 AM
No problem, Bearsmom! I'm just south of Barrie. You're welcome to come over one day for a free tutorial. :D I'll teach you everything I know - which shouldn't take very long. :p

Bearsmom
December 14th, 2004, 09:42 AM
YAY! That would be soooo good for me.

heidiho
December 14th, 2004, 10:01 AM
What a cutie....He is huge,he would be great to snuggle in bed with on cold winter nights.......Who needs a blanket

Bugsy
December 14th, 2004, 10:17 AM
What a sweet face. Gotta love those :angel: eyes

Princesss04
December 14th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Oh how sweet I hope he got a treat with a face that cute. :D

Bearsmom
December 14th, 2004, 10:30 AM
He was trained right from the start to not go on the furniture, thank God he doesn't sleep with us, we already have a king size bed, and all of us wouldn't fit into the bed! He has his own doggy pillow that mom made for him, and his own fluffy bed, so he's set.

Yes, those eyes are killer, aren't they?

Dukieboy
December 14th, 2004, 10:48 AM
He is a handsome one!!!

mastifflover
December 14th, 2004, 12:12 PM
What a very handsome boy and the size of a lap dog. In case anybody is wondering lap dogs start at 110 pounds and go up from there. Buddy is also a lap dog if he can get away with it. But I will say it is very common for Mastiffs to start greying around their muzzle at as young as 2 Buddy will be 3 in Jan. and he has a fair bit of grey already, just tell him how distinguished he looks.

lilith_rizel
December 14th, 2004, 02:05 PM
The great dane I had as a kid loved to just plop right down on your lap. And he weighed over 200 pounds when we first got him (previous owner over fed him). But he was the sweetest thing.

wAggie
December 16th, 2004, 12:22 PM
what a CUTIE!!! :D

Bearsmom
January 1st, 2005, 08:23 PM
The great dane I had as a kid loved to just plop right down on your lap. And he weighed over 200 pounds when we first got him (previous owner over fed him). But he was the sweetest thing.

Bear's not overfed, he's just underexercised? Or Lazy? LOL

Schwinn
January 1st, 2005, 08:57 PM
Bear's not overfed, he's just underexercised? Or Lazy? LOL

Maybe he's like me. According to the standard weight chart, I'm supposed to be 6'2. I'm a 6'2 man trapped in a 5'8" body! Maybe he's a big dog trapped in a smaller dog's body??

glasslass
January 1st, 2005, 10:10 PM
I'z not fat!
I'z fluffy!
:D :D :D

Cinnabear
January 2nd, 2005, 04:25 AM
Too cute. At least he has manners. :D

Rottimom
January 2nd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Glassglass you're too funny :D

WOW 165 lbs!!! That is a whole lotta dog. I can't imagine. Hercules is only about 100 lbs and friends and family have nicknamed him "The horse" or "The gentle giant."

I say the bigger the better. Bear is one heck of a gorgeous boy.

Bearsmom
January 2nd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Schwinn & glasslass---LMAO!!!!!!!!

Yeah, he's a cutie. Fat, but a cutie. I always say that as soon as his butt gets bigger than mine, he goes on a diet (or I will) LOL