Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Winnie's thread!

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:32 PM
I know there are alot of people who want to know how Winnie is settling in,,,, :D

Wait a minute,Noone told me you had another cat in this house!

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Pffft! Just be sure to keep that kitty off my countertop and we'll get along fine ;)

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:38 PM
:eek: 2 kids and 3 guinea pigs too! OMG I live in a zoo now.

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:43 PM
:p So that's what guinea pigs are

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:46 PM
So this is the other kitty .Ok put him back in the bedroom now,i've seen enough :evil:

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:49 PM
This carpet is purrrfect to roll on! :D

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:52 PM
See.....I know how to relax. :thumbs up Will the kitty slave please come and give tummy rubs now!

Rainy
December 11th, 2004, 11:54 PM
to be continued,,,,,, :p

Bugsy
December 12th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Rainy

Your a sweetheart for taking this cat in. :thumbs up & your guinea pigs are adorable too. :D

(((HUG)))

chico2
December 12th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Awwww Rainy,I got tears in my eyes...soooo happy for Winnie :love:
Love your captions,don't we just know what they are saying?you can see it right in her face...
The guinea-pigs are sweet,my vet has a mother guinea with three babies in her office,sooo cute!!
I notice one thing though,Winnie does not look underfed.. :D

glasslass
December 12th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Cute photos & kitties! But was the guinea-pig on the left real?

Rainy
December 13th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I notice one thing though,Winnie does not look underfed.. :D
Winnie is definately NOT on the skinny side is she..LOL!

Rainy
December 14th, 2004, 12:00 AM
Cute photos & kitties! But was the guinea-pig on the left real?
Yes all my guinea pigs are real! I'm assuming you meant my "fattyMcFatty" aka Callico Coa? Here she is getting weighed.I need a new scale! LOL

Iggette
December 14th, 2004, 04:55 AM
wow winnie really is settling in and really loves the counter.....you dont mind?....I go nuts when the cats think they own my kitchen table....just too many cats for that at any given time I find three of them sprawling on my dinner table......cute but yuk when someone walks in......then the required words of *ahem*....."Don't worry, I will sterilize the table before we eat*.......lol :D

PS I have never seen a guinea pig like that before(calico)....pretty neat looking :thumbs up

whinnie-boo
December 16th, 2004, 01:30 PM
There she is!!!!!!!!!

What a sweetheart, I'm very jealous now Rainy. But, very glad she is so happy, and getting adjusted. You do have quite the family now. I'm so glad that Winnie looks as though she is happy & found a new forever home. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you and Winnie out. Thanks you so much for posting these pictures, I've printed 2 of them to hang up on my PET's bulletin board. That rub my belly pose is priceless. You are an angel :angel: for saving her. Thanks again.

xxxxxxxxxxx (kisses) for Winnie!! :queen:

whinnie-boo
December 16th, 2004, 01:34 PM
unrelated:

I love your nick names.
As weird as it sounds we call:
Whinnie "WhinnieMcWhin"
&
Boots "BootyMcBoots"

I have no idea why, as far as I remember, my baby sister started it when Whinnie first had her pups. But, I thought it was ironic and I wanted to share. The things we put our poor pets through!! :p I wonder what they think when we call them these things. But, in your defense, he is kind of chubby :rolleyes: but, very,very cute!! :D

CyberKitten
December 16th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Winnie seems to be thriving and I adore those ginuea pigs, they're adorable - and so are those two legged little beings too!!

Good for you!! Well done and Bravo!! :thumbs up

whinnie-boo
December 20th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Good Morning Rainy,

I was just wondering how Winnie is doing? Has she come around anymore? or is she still warming your counter, keeping to herself???? More pictures new Mom please, we need a Winnie fix!! :p

Hopefully, all is well & we'll get to see some Christmas pictures soon. Take care & Happy Holidays!! :party:

Rainy
December 20th, 2004, 01:43 PM
Winnie is loving it here :D She has accepted that Smokey lives here also LOL .She still sounds like an evil beast when he comes to play but I think she secretly likes him even.....hehe.She looks for him when he hasn't bothered her for more than an hour ;) I think she will like her brother even more once he's fixed! He has his appointment on Jan 11th....unless I get him into another vet prior to then Life is hectic with the kids, animals,work,and holidays!

Winnie is such a good girl and no longer is interested in the counter top at all.She loves all 4 of my dining room chairs though!Easier to smak the daylights out of Smokey when he comes to play!!Winnie doesn't hide but she does prefer the dining room .Winnie also couldn't care less about the guinea pigs and their pen so that's a bonus!
I will try and post some more pics tonight after work .

whinnie-boo
December 20th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Thats amazing, very glad to hear it.

Poor smokey though :p , he's nice enough to share his home, and that princess comes in and takes over :queen: . What a cute pair they'll be when they come to terms with eachother. :thumbs up

Rainy
December 22nd, 2004, 12:41 AM
This afternoon ,while I was washing veggies for my "piggie girls",,,,,,

Rainy
December 22nd, 2004, 12:43 AM
I found out that Winnie loooooves running water!!

Rainy
December 22nd, 2004, 12:48 AM
She even stuck her head under the faucet and was purring and rubbing and took a bath!

Rainy
December 22nd, 2004, 12:53 AM
She almost doesn't fit but Winnie didn't care at all! What a purring machine she was today,and sooo relaxed! I grabbed the brush and she loved that too.I had already tried brushing her a few times but was always cautious with how much Winnie was willing too accept,,,

Rainy
December 22nd, 2004, 01:00 AM
I had to leave the camera so I could take advantage of this moment and gave Winnie a twenty minute inspection /whole body rub down complete with tons of kisses and face rubs!(my face nuzzling her face) This was the first time she accepted that! She purrs even louder when I talk silly and ask her who's the momma's kitty! LOL :D

chico2
December 22nd, 2004, 08:02 AM
Thank's Rainy for the great pics,my black cat Chico also loves running water,always gets all wet from drinking from the tap..
Winnie seems content and happy,I am soooo happy for her :thumbs up
There was always a risk she would not adjust,but she seems to be doing wonderful in her new loving home thank's to you and your family :love:
:grouphug: to you and Winnie!!!

glasslass
December 22nd, 2004, 10:54 AM
Awwww! Love a happy ending! :thumbs up

whinnie-boo
December 22nd, 2004, 01:33 PM
There's our girl.

Rainy, it is just amazing how she's coming around. :) I'm so happy for you and your family. It looks like Winnie is fitting right in & loving her new home. :p I've never seen something so cute as a showering cat. :p

Still Jealous, but getting a good Winnie fix from these pics.....Thanx

mastifflover
December 22nd, 2004, 02:09 PM
Well I love a happy ending and she looks like she is fitting in really well. She is very cute and quite the ham.

Rainy
December 22nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Thank you everyone! Winnie is very much a family member :) We love her to pieces and I'm happy to share her progress with you.I hope I don't go overboard with the updates LOL
Whinnie-Boo I can't believe how much our girl is coming around! I'm sorry things didn't work out with the kitties but I believe things happen for a reason and your kitty to be will be just as special and probably think he/she is a dog
:D
:grouphug:

whinnie-boo
December 22nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
Rainy,

I'm very happy to report that on Monday Dec. 27th, my very own Black beauty is coming home. Except for the white on Winnies chest they could be twins, and the fact that my girl is huge (tall) and pleasantly plump.

Someone who has been following my posts, got in touch with me yesterday and let me know of a beautiful girl who needed a forever home, my girlfriend is coming tonight with our Russian Blue cat "Salem" to introduce my Boo too. Erin is a vet tech and I trust her more then anyone in the world, if she says this is possible, I know it is. The foster mom took the time to ask me what she wanted to know and arrange to bring her down herself, and meet my girls. Which is very important to me, since I want them to know where they are sending their baby, and where she will be living. Do you think that I should keep Salem for a few days to help with the adjustment? I'm just afraid she'd get used to him, and it would break her heart when I sent him home to his Mom.
No one has a perfect home, and the last thing I want to do is misrepresent what I can offer this baby. I don't doubt its going to be some work, but, I'm willing to do the work as opposed to her sitting and waiting, in hopes that someone comes along. So, though my heart was set on the sisters, I now know there was a reason why...but, that doesn't change my disappointment. I'll share my Pictures as soon as she is home & settled in. Any suggestions you could offer would be much appreciated. Thanks for sharing Winnie with us, she is such a precious girl :queen:

Rainy
December 30th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Winnie was being nosy during cage cleaning time for the Guinea Girls LOL This is her first meet with a pigger!

Rainy
December 30th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Hmmmm,,,,lunch?Toy?family member? :p

chico2
December 30th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Wow Rainy,that's amazing,I don't think my cats would be as calm with a guinea-pig......Winnie is one very lucky little girl :love:

Rainy
December 30th, 2004, 02:41 PM
Winnie just noticed them LOL .She sniffed,she left! Smokey on the other hand........definately thinks they are toys made for his swatting pleasure unless they are held in your lap.He will never get the chance to swat them though! I made sure there home is cat proof. ;)

Rainy
December 30th, 2004, 02:50 PM
I don't know how clear this is to you but The roof of the piggie pen is actually 2 shelving material from RenoDepot cut to size.The roof retracts :D

Winston
May 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Wow this is an awful old thread to reply to?

Brandykins
May 17th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Aw, Rainy, what wee beauties your cats are. I love the expression of the one in the 3rd pic. Also, your wee Guinnea Pigs - they are so cute. Love their colourings.

Lovely photos.