Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

real christmas tree

raingirl
December 10th, 2004, 09:19 PM
my BF and I just got our first real christmas tree. So, we are waiting for the elevator, and a woman comes off and says "you aren't allowed real christmas trees in this building. It's a fire hazard!"

What!?!

I read over our entire lease and package from the landlord and there is nothing in it about real trees.

Now I'm worried they will make us get rid of it when we just spent $35 on it!!

Anyone heard of this? I know they are a fire hazard, but lots of things are fire hazards!! They let us use stoves right???

BMDLuver
December 10th, 2004, 09:25 PM
If it's not in your lease or the package then enjoy the tree. If he says get rid of it, then tell him you would be glad to once you are reimbursed the $35.

Karin
December 10th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Just tell them where to stick the angel. (or star)

CyberKitten
December 10th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Trees can be a fire hazard but so can anything if not used properly. That woman just sounds like a female Scrooge. If there is nothing in the lease, I would not worry about it. Some people just have too much time on their hands and are too free to criticize. (I bet she is the condo snoop too!!)

Happy Holidays!!

coonlover
December 10th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Just tell them where to stick the angel. (or star)
lmao, good idea :evil:

Bearsmom
December 11th, 2004, 12:34 PM
LMAO @ Karin-good one.

Real trees are a hazard. So is everything else in this world that is combustible. Keep the tree moist, don't leave the lights on it for a million hours, don't burn candles near it, and don't fret over some nasty person who seems to be the epitome of SCROOGE.

That lady reminds me of a story of when we were helping my sister in law move. They lived in an "exclusive condominium" high rise. We got to the condo parking lot, and I brought Bear out of the car. Just then, this screamy voice yells from the balcony, "You'd better carry that dog, those are the condo rules!". I shouted back up, "Sure, do you have a CRANE!" (Bear was about 125 lbs by then, and I had visions of my husband and I trying to carry the dog)

Lo and behold, when we got up to my SIL's condo, it turned out to be her MOTHER IN LAW!!!!