Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Holiday Dinner in Southern Ontario

Sheriffmom
December 10th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Hi all,
Mastifflover and I were talking the other day and thought it would be great to have a luncheon or dinner with as many of us who could make it as possible from pets.ca. We would love to put faces with names, and thought a holiday dinner/luncheon would be great!! We were thinking maybe Mother Tuckers between Burlington/Oakville, or maybe something in Oakville??? If anyone is interested please respond with available dates, and ideas for a "meet in the middle" also, if ppl are able to carpool, that would help others who are carless..... so if you are able/willing to be a carpooler, please add that as well. You can also pm me.
I think it would be sooooo much fun to have a little powwow person to person!!! Talk to you soon
:grouphug:

Bugsy
December 10th, 2004, 11:18 PM
:sad: I wish I lived closer :sad:

crazyhorse
December 11th, 2004, 07:24 AM
What a fun idea.

Sheriffmom
December 12th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Anybody else interested, or is it going to be a dinner for 2..... Sheriffmom and Mastifflover :D ?????

BMDLuver
December 12th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Awww, if you guys had planned this a few weeks ago, I could have been there as I was already in Niagara. Hope you have a great time! :D

Sheriffmom
December 12th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Anybody have any dates available??? How bout in January????
I think it would be a lot of fun, meet and greet, and share ideas face to face!! :thumbs up
I wish I'd known BDM, would've been great to meet you? Are you down here again anytime soon??

raingirl
December 12th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I would come, but I'm totally broke, so I can't really go out. Now if it were potluck, that would be a different story.

BMDLuver
December 13th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Sheriffsmom,
I tried to log on to the site while I was away but I didn't seem able to. Not sure if it was a problem because I was using a different computer and ISP. I wanted to let you know I was down and try to hook up to visit some of the SPCA's down there. Hopefully I can make it back down again in the spring.

mastifflover
December 14th, 2004, 12:09 AM
looks like it might be just us. We should find something really inexpensive at this time of year or would others be into it in January after all the holidays have passed. If you guys have any other suggestions like maybe brunch on a Saturday or Sunday. Come on guys

raingirl
December 14th, 2004, 01:48 AM
I might be able to do it in January.

Brunch would be good, but I would need a ride, unless it's somewhere I can get to by the go buses

coonlover
December 14th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Count me in, Im not too far from oakville or burlington, I hear Mother Tuckers has pretty good food also,Angels is another good place to eat and not too expensive :)

crazyhorse
December 14th, 2004, 06:23 AM
If we could agree on a day after the first week of January. That would be great. This way the kids are back in school and the holiday guest will have returned home. I know I will be ready for a fresh new adventure. Brunch sounds good.

jackieb
December 14th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Excuse me for being really thick but is it near Cambridge if so count me in i do drive but not far as i drove on the other side for too long lol. I might be able to get hubby to drive if its not to far!!

raingirl
December 14th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Cambridge to burlington/oakville is about 45 minute drive at most...less if it's wasn't winter.

Sheriffmom
December 14th, 2004, 10:08 AM
This sounds awsome guys.... January is fine with me. Can we set up Carpools? I think I might commute with Crazyhorse. It'd be nice to split gas $$, and have company for a drive. Oakville sounds good to me (only about 30minute drive if we do West side Oakville from Cambridge) anybody know a good restaurant? Mother Tuckers for lunch is like $20bucks I think (Huge buffet).... can we start to work out a date? Then I can book the restaurant too.
Thanks guys looking forward to meeting you all!!!!!
:grouphug:

mastifflover
December 14th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I am in and I am pretty open for dates so I can work around those like Sherriffsmom who is not as flexible.

Sheriffmom
December 14th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Guys I have January 1st and 2nd off, January 8th and 9th and January 28th and 29th(I think those are the dates... but those weekends anyway). Hope this helps. Talk to you soon.

raingirl
December 14th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Any time that is a weekend is good for me.

jackieb
December 14th, 2004, 10:41 AM
i am flexible but will need directions for hubby lol

Sheriffmom
December 14th, 2004, 10:50 AM
No problemo Jakie.... When we finalize where we are going i will send you a detailed map.... (Or maybe Raingirl could since she is the resident super sleuth!! LOL She'd probably be able to find the most detailed, helpful map out there!! I swear that girl should open her own sleuthing shop! :p )

Dukieboy
December 14th, 2004, 11:04 AM
I'm in for January but I don't drive. Maybe carpool with Mastiff? What does the little paper clip mean in the ratings column?

Sheriffmom
December 14th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Good to have you on board Dukieboy!! I have no idea about the paperclip. Sorry.
Once we figure out who is going, and what day, and where, and also where everyone is from.... we can try and come up with a carpool plan!! :p

coonlover
December 14th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Doesnt the paperclip mean there is an attachment??

whinnie-boo
December 14th, 2004, 12:06 PM
I too would like to put some faces to the names, and attend a dinner. But, I do not drive, if carpooling could be arranged, count me in. :grouphug:

Dukieboy
December 14th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Doesnt the paperclip mean there is an attachment??

thank you. that would have eventually dawned on me, i hope... :o

mastifflover
December 14th, 2004, 12:17 PM
I usually dont have a car but when we decide on a date I can rent one I usually get good rates through work. I can take you Dukie. I am in high park area so I am sure that I can get two other people as well.

yvonnem
December 15th, 2004, 07:40 AM
would love to attend and any weekend date is fine. Coming from Hamilton and I know there is bus service from Brantford to HAmilton, so I can pick someone up and bring them to wherever.

Yvonne

Sheriffmom
December 15th, 2004, 09:15 AM
I am thinking either the 8th or 9th (that is a Sat and Sun right??)
At Mother Tucker's???
If I could get a head count to make a reservation soon, that would be awsome!!
How about an RSVP by no later than Jan 2nd?
Looking forward to meeting with you all.
If you notice anyone on boards that is from TO, Brampton, Oakville, Niagara, Brantford, Hamilton, K-W, Cambridge... maybe PM them and let them know about the dinner.
So so far it seems to be Myself, Mastifflover, Raingirl, Coonlover, Yvonnem, Dukieboy, Jackieb, Crazyhorse, Whinnie-boo,
Hope to see more names soon!!! Can't wait to meet you all!!! :grouphug:

Sheriffmom
December 16th, 2004, 08:47 AM
So I think the date will be either January 8th (Saturday) or January 9th (Sunday).... Any preferances guys???
Please let me know!!

wAggie
December 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM
omg, that would b an AWSOME idea.

tho anywhere out of t.o. is not do-able for me :sad:

along w most sundays....

mastifflover
December 16th, 2004, 02:50 PM
We can arrange a lift for you I am going to rent a car maybe I will get a larger one but not to worry we will figure it out

chico2
December 16th, 2004, 04:07 PM
I will unfortunately not be joining you,have a full busy schedule the weekends of January,my BD and a couple of friends BD's..
Here in Oakville there are not many good,reasonable restaurants,other than the Keg...My favourite spot in Burlington is "Chaps"(on Fairview)the best burgers in town :thumbs up great service..
MotherTuckers(also in Burlington)is great but a bit pricey...

Karin
December 16th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Have to say I am tickled pink over this thread...I belong to another board, over 5000 members and most have been able to "hook-up" and meet each other many times...we are one big family, scratch that, one HUGE Phamily! (no typo), After the hurricanes when ice & water could not be found, (at any price)..I had two truck loads full of supplies of ice and water and food! Redcross never made it to our part of the county. Most of all, we had plenty of hugs...we stunk so bad after 9 days without power or water in the heat, a hug was so welcome.

Tickets to the Hurricane relief concert were bought for me too, at the TD Waterhouse in Orlando, I could not go because of Ciara.

Get together, meet each other, trust me ...the bond gets only stronger.

Imagine that....

It is nice to put a face on a name.

wAggie
December 16th, 2004, 10:24 PM
We can arrange a lift for you I am going to rent a car maybe I will get a larger one but not to worry we will figure it out

if these arrangements are being made to a location OUT of the city... why not have the dinner IN the city?

(please?) lol :o

Sheriffmom
December 16th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Waggie.... Just tried to PM you with details.... your message box is full :D Clean it out will ya??? :crazy:
We're trying to arrange it so we can "meet in the middle". Some of us are comming from Fort Erie, and Grimsby area, others from Brampton/Bramalea, still others from Brantford.... and then the rest of ya'll from the Big Smoke.... oh wait is that Hamilton??? We've got some from there too.... and TO.
Trying to make it as accessable as possible, as I want to meet as many as possible!!!! :p
We are trying to arrange carpooling.... Mastifflover is handling it from the Toronto area, so please PM her (I already spoke to her and said you might need a lift :) ) and confirm with her.
Anybody from Niagara/Hamilton need a lift?? Please PM me, I am sure we can make arrangements to come and get you!
Talk to you all really soon.
(January 8th???) :grouphug:

wAggie
December 16th, 2004, 10:34 PM
OH! lmao, deleted some already. :o

I had no idea ppl from that far away were coming .... my bad!!! :o :o :o

delete this thread, and start a new one plz, lol. j/k

I'll meet her on sat., we'll talk then :D :D

thanx for the invite again!!!!!!! :crazy:

Sheriffmom
December 16th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Looking forward to it wAggie!!! :p
Also, to the rest of yous.... Am getting really excited!!!!
January 8th (Sat.) good for you all????
I'll try and PM all who've expressed interest, and get a date firmed up. (Then I can start a new thread wAggie!! LOL)
Also, can we pick a place to meet.... I'd rather it not be at a rest stop.... or worse the side of the hwy.... cause we can't make up our minds!! :crazy:
Talk to you all soon.

wAggie
December 17th, 2004, 03:49 AM
jan. 8th looks alright.

what time is everyone aiming at? afternoon,... evening?

moontamara
December 17th, 2004, 04:04 AM
you know lots of members are in the U.S. and at least 2 of us are in Korea. I think to be fair you should forget having it in Southern Ontario and have it in Hawaii. I mean, come on -- are you saying you don't feel like going to Hawaii in January?

Okay -- January 8th at the airport, around 7p.m. so everyone's planes will have a chance to come in -- book accordingly. I'll have a big sign. See you then!!! :thumbs up

;) I wish!

wAggie
December 17th, 2004, 04:06 AM
ha ha aH :eek: HA!

^^ that was me taking a deep breath.

LMAO, I cant afford that Sh!!!t, :o

and I would HAVE to bring the kids, no ifs ands or butts... and bc I can NOT let them be in a cage in an unheated room with LUGGAGE, we will swim there. :D

jackieb
December 17th, 2004, 08:22 AM
yes well hawai would be lovely lol in my dreams!!! anyone else near the Cambridge area?

raingirl
December 17th, 2004, 08:25 AM
I love hawaii...

I'm there....j/k

8th is good for me.

I thought we were doing a brunch thing??

Sheriffmom
December 17th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Dooddoodooo (I'm singing the Elvis's Hawaiian Christmas in my head!! LOL)
I think since it was Moon's idea..... she has to pay.... right guys??? :p
Raingirl, Brunch sounds awsome.... Jan 8th, brunch.... at ??????
SO that would mean being at a restaurant around what 11am?
I'll get prices from Mother Tuckers (and an exact location)..... and post them, and if it is too far, or too $$$ we'll simply pick somewhere else!!
:)

mastifflover
December 17th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Jan. 8th is great and once we know how many I will rent the appropriate size vehicle I will not rent an Bus but I could get a mini van that would hold a few more people. So far Raingirl, Waggie, Dukie, Whinnieboo anybody else in Toronto or surrounding area on the way let me know or just pm sherriffsmom so we dont get to confused I am Blonde so we dont want me in charge.

crazyhorse
December 17th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Jan the 8th at 11am that all works for me. I am looking so forward to this.

wAggie
December 17th, 2004, 12:50 PM
early morning but can-do. :p

whinnie-boo
December 17th, 2004, 01:25 PM
I belong to a group on www.meetup.com.

I am the Brampton Area organizer for the Pit-bull meet-up in Brampton. The website doesn't get many hits, and so far there are only 3 member in the Brampton area. Why not also start a PETS.CA meet-up group?

Basically, how it works is every 3rd saturday of the month, the organizer & members pick a venue to host their meet-up, they e-mail reminders and accept R.S.V.P's for who will attend. That way the organizer knows who will be there, and can plan certain events or discussions. Venues can be open area to include the kids, or meet up at somewhere like Chapters or a coffee shop (2-legged children only). It would give everyone the opportunity to meet eachother, and should they not be able to attend on one occasion. The next meet-up would only be 4 weeks away, with plenty of time to make arrangements to attend.

I'm trying to promote the meet-up group in my area, specifically for Pit-bulls because I find with whats going on right now, its hard to find playmates for Whinnie & Boo. Most people turn the other way when they see us coming, and there is always power in numbers.

Check it out, and let me know if you think its a good idea. Sherriffmom, BMDlover, Mastifflover, Dougelover, anyone willing to step up and be organizer? With the number of member already on PETS.CA - I think we could pull it off. Ideally, it would be nice to have a meet-up for the dogs in the summer time. Also, friends who share the same joys in life - their pets

mastifflover
December 22nd, 2004, 11:14 AM
Hey Winnie I belonged to mastiffmeetup.com and I was the only member I also found that no one really responds to this site. But I think we should try and arrange a few meet ups. I think ideally the spring would be a good time to do it because there are so many factors in the winter like weather and transportaion. But I would be in for play dates for the 4 legged kids.

Sheriffmom
December 22nd, 2004, 12:55 PM
January 8th still on???
Mother Tuckers is at the Guelph Line exit on the QE.
Please PM me, or respond here to confirm....
Things still a go for you Mastifflover? Got the Big Greyline Bus rented?LOL :grouphug:

mastifflover
December 22nd, 2004, 04:05 PM
Actually it doesn't take long to get there I know where it is. I used to dress the windows for a store there

crazyhorse
December 23rd, 2004, 08:04 AM
That date works for me,can't wait ti meet you all.

Sheriffmom
December 23rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
Anybody commuting should talk via Telephone at some point just to arrange finally details (I am an anal-retentive detail person.... can you tell?? :p )
Anybody who needs a ride/ wants to carpool with me (I'm comming from Grimsby area) PM me either with your phone #, or I can Pm you with mine!!
I am SOOO looking forward to meeting with you :grouphug:

raingirl
December 29th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Shoot shoot shoot! I won't be able to make it! Our family Christmas dinner was rescheduled for the 8th! My parents work for the TTC so finding time for a dinner is hard (they have odd hours and days off).

We were supposed to have it yesterday, but the host (my older sister) had to cancel as her whole family has the flu!

Oh well...next time I promise to make it!

Sheriffmom
January 3rd, 2005, 05:08 PM
Can ppl confirm that they are still interested, and still comming?? I would look very funny sitting a big table for 10 all by myself!! :crazy:
(Going to miss you raingirl!! Have fun with the family!)

Karin
January 3rd, 2005, 09:15 PM
All comitted need to be in touch!

I wish I could attend....if ever a southern meeting takes place, count on me.

I know this looks real good on paper, (so to speak), ya hafta get barrel down to the nitty gritty! (Rsvp works too I guess)

It is a wonderful event when you can see & talk to the face you only imagined before.

crazyhorse
January 4th, 2005, 06:03 AM
I'm still going to attend.

Sheriffmom
January 4th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Please see "Tsunami/dinner Jan8th" Thread in off-topic forum.
:sorry:

jackieb
January 5th, 2005, 10:14 AM
unfortunately i wont be able to atend now i hope you all enjoy it!!