Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm takin' a break from Pets.ca

sammiec
December 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM
I am going to take a break from pets.ca. I am getting more and more upset and frustrated with reading information about the ban. I know I am supposed to be able to stop myself from opening the threads and not reading the stories, but I just can't. I am constantly upset, short tempered, and just plain miserable from reading this information.

While I was on vacation 2 weeks ago I really enjoyed the fact that ignorance was really bliss. I had no idea what was going on, I had no information about stupid Michael Bryant. I knew that my dog was safe and happy, that's all I needed...

I will see you again eventually. Please, keep fighting... I know I haven't done much... but I need a break for a bit...

:grouphug:

Schwinn
December 10th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I know how you feel, Sammiec, and you need to do what is right for you. We'll miss you.

mastifflover
December 10th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Hey Sammie we will miss you but you will come back won't you? We will keep fighting the good fight. Take care and keep in touch hugs for Briggs and Connor

jackieb
December 10th, 2004, 10:53 AM
:grouphug: sorry your leaving for a bit!!

chico2
December 10th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Awwww Sammiec,we'll miss you,but I can sympathise..
If I had a pit-bull I would be heartbroken,all this negativity when you know your dog is a wonderful dog.
Knowing the way I feel about my cats and other animals,they would get my dog over my dead body :evil:
I am so sorry I helped vote in this animal-hating government but I know one thing for sure,it will never happen again!!!
Please come back...we are all friends here :grouphug:

Bugsy
December 10th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Sammi

Aww... don't go :sad:

mona_b
December 10th, 2004, 01:32 PM
NOOOOOOO sammiec,you can't go....I just got back on here.And I missed you guys like crazy....PLEASE PLEASE don't go.

Sneaky2006
December 10th, 2004, 01:38 PM
We will miss you Sam!
Don't be gone long, please? :grouphug:

CyberKitten
December 10th, 2004, 01:42 PM
When I hear people who assume they are knowledgable about animals talk about how vicious pitbulls are, they remind me of the same kind people who contend that Siamese cats are nasty and vicius kitties. Fortunately, no one has ever tried to ban them and I have not followed the situation as closely as I would if I did have a pitbull but the whole things just strikes me as political opportunism!

sammiec
December 10th, 2004, 03:04 PM
You guys are such sweethearts! Don't worry, I'll come back. I just need a break right now.

If I'm not back in time, have a wonderful, safe, and merry holiday season... and a happy new year!!

mastifflover
December 10th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Sammie have a wonderful holiday and a safe one :grouphug: :angel: too

whinnie-boo
December 10th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Sorry to see you go Sammiec, hopefully, one day since we live in the same city, I get to meet these lovely dogs of yours at the dog park, or out and about around Brampton. I totally understand your frustration about what is going on... I feel the same way. I couldn't even bring myself to post on the thread about Pits being shot at in Hamilton today.
Take care of yourself and your kids, Happy Holidays, and we hope to hear from you soon!! :sorry:

mona_b
December 10th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Well as long as you promise to come back to us. :)

If I don't hear from you,have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

chico2
December 10th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Sammiec,yes of course have a wonderful Christmas and give Briggs a big hug,I know Briggs is a love-bug as are soo many Pits...see you soon :sad:

Schwinn
December 10th, 2004, 03:42 PM
You guys are such sweethearts! Don't worry, I'll come back. I just need a break right now.

If I'm not back in time, have a wonderful, safe, and merry holiday season... and a happy new year!!

We know what you mean, we just hate to see you go. You have a great holiday season as well.

trescanis
December 10th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Cyberkitten, you said " I have not followed the situation as closely as I would if I did have a pitbull" Just because you personally are not owned by a Pitbull, it doesn't mean the bannings do not affect you. Your rights, as well as anyone else's are liable to be stripped if you do nothing. Perhaps one day all cats, especially Siamese will be forced to be de-clawed or de-voiced.

You ( that's a generic "you") should be fighting this because it's simply wrong.

First They Came for the Pitbulls

First they came for the Pitbulls
and I did not speak out
because I did not have a Pitbull.
Then they came for the German Shepherds
and I did not speak out
because I did not have a German Shepherd.
Then they came for the Rottweilers
and I did not speak out
because I did not have a Rottweiler.
Then they came for the INSERT ANY BREED HERE
and there was no one left
to speak out for my INSERT ANY BREED HERE

========================================

Here is the original poem

First They Came for the Jews
First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

Karin
December 10th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Sammi....you will be hunted down, dragged back here..kicking & screaming if need be..you cannot hide...you already sold your soul to helping the uninformed critter lover's of this world, you still owe.

I believe you are stronger than what you posted, you CAN ignore what bothers you.

Take a vacation...a breather...but you will report back soon, agreed?

Smooches from the super uber goober dog & me!

mona_b
December 10th, 2004, 05:44 PM
This is sanniec's thread.PLEASE start your own thread if you two(tres,cyber)want to have a show down.

LMAO,good one Karin.

You can run but you can't hide.... :p

trescanis
December 10th, 2004, 06:09 PM
PLEASE start your own thread if you two(tres,cyber)want to have a show down.

That's just silly.

I pondered the thought of starting a new thread, but that would make it seem like I "wanted a show down". Cyberkitten's statement was here, in this thread.

Karin
December 10th, 2004, 08:50 PM
I think thread hijackings are tacky when done on a personal note.

My .02 cents.

Bugsy
December 10th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Merry Christmas Sammie

glasslass
December 11th, 2004, 10:33 AM
I hope I'm not too late to wish you well also Sammi! I hope you pop in once in awhile to just visit and maybe post a photo or two of Briggs.

Copper'sMom
December 12th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I know exactly how you feel Sammiec.................. :grouphug: