Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Meeko and his kitty gym

Meghan_K
December 9th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Well, it's a work in progress, but my hubby finished phase 1 of Meeko's kitty gym. Meeko was playing on it before it was even finished, and he just loves to chase his tail around the rungs. (Literally, he runs in a loop-de-loop after his tail. He hangs it off the edge and then "spots it", and goes full board after it. :) ) This was just what he needed, though. So full of energy, he needed a kitty toy :party:

louie's mum
December 9th, 2004, 08:51 PM
ur meeko is a sweetie pie! obviously an active youngster with such a sweet face :love:
post a picture of hubbie's final kitty gym if u would.
i'm hoping to start bldg one at SOME point and can use all the inspiration i can get. :D

chico2
December 9th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Good job!!! You'll find you have to replace the carpeting at times,I know we have.Putting heavy rope(sisal) around some of the boards is great too,just stick in on with a glue-gun a nice tight fit...
My cats still use the cat-tree and we've had it for years.Meeko is a beautiful little tabby :thumbs up
Ps.If you used staples for the carpeting,rather than nails,make sure they cannot come loose.

Mistruzzi
December 10th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Ah,how cute!That looks fun for a kitty!Plus it will keep the kitty out of trouble! :crazy:

Meghan_K
December 10th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Yes, Chico, thank you for reminding me to stress the importance of staples. I'm a jack-of-all-trades, but at the moment I'm renovating basements for insurance companies. Thusly, I have an air compressor and a professional upholstery stapler. Lots of stapes, real fast, real deep. I was just going to use a regular stapler, but I was still worried that Meeko would catch his claws of one if it didn't go in all the way. (Ooo, that would hurt the little guy!)
But anyways, nails are a no-no for kitties because they can easily come loose over time, and if kitty catches his claw on the nail, then ouch! (Same rule applies to stairs, never use nails bacause they'll work their way out over time. This is one of the reasons stairs creak!)

Update-I've been squirreling away carpet scraps from the basements I've done and now I have quite a collection going. So as soon as my hubby gets the time, he'll cut the pieces for it, I'll coat them with carpet, and he'll put them together. Meeko is going to be soooo spoiled :) . I wonder if cats know thery're spoiled??

chico2
December 10th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Meghan,Meeko is sooo darn cute,I am getting kitten-sick again :D
We(me!!) do a lot of renovating and we just bought a nailer and stapler with a compressor,they are great!!! Well worth the money.
I am just in the process of removing out oldfashioned head board and making a new tufted one....lot's of fun!!

louie's mum
December 10th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Meghan,Meeko is sooo darn cute,I am getting kitten-sick again :D
We(me!!) do a lot of renovating and we just bought a nailer and stapler with a compressor,they are great!!! Well worth the money.
I am just in the process of removing out oldfashioned head board and making a new tufted one....lot's of fun!!

don't u just luv power tools :D
i just have an electric stapler so i'll be really careful & be sure there are no raised staples that could hurt him. meeko is so darned cute. wish i could have had louie when he was that size :love: (mind u, he still shows enough of his kittenish mannerisms to keep my heart beating strong!)

CyberKitten
December 10th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Meeko is adorable. I wish I had more cerpentry skills (but maybe my dad will be kind and build a gym for Yin Yin.) Meeko certainly looks like he is having fun!! Good work!!!

Cinnabear
December 10th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Busy little fella, at least he's enjoying himself. :D :)

krdahmer
December 12th, 2004, 02:43 AM
AWWWWWWW....that is sooooo sweet, reminds me of my big brutes when they were just kittens!!! That chasing the tail pic is tooo cute!!! My gals loved there cat tree right from the get go....only now it's not so much about exploring.....LOL!

chico2
December 12th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Dahmer,I just love that picture,they look like Siames twins..one body two heads :clown:

glasslass
December 12th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Lucky kitty! I'd love to see a full-length pix of that gym when it's finished!

wAggie
December 16th, 2004, 11:32 AM
omgggg, I love these pix!!!

Here's Boss looking down at one of his "brothers" ;)