Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my horror story

casper
December 9th, 2004, 12:54 PM
you want to hear a good horror story,well let me tell you i have the best horror story from a foster mom, not just for 1 dog but for 2...

At the end of april we seen this gorgeous dog and fell head over heels for, we emailed them about information and the rescue agency directed us to the foster mom of this paticular dog ... we talked on the phone for quite some time,and everything seemed to have gone well. we had no transportations at the time and she suggested that she would bring the dog to us so she can do a home visit at the same time we said fine... everyday we talked on the phone,it took her a whole week before she even came to our house with the dog,because she doesn't like to drive highway,anyways when she finally got here,it was love at first site,we wanted him. and we adopted him, we payed the woman the fee in CASH and signed contracts, we were excited and so was my children i have 4.......over the weeks we spoke on the phone she sent us pictures of him that she took while he stayed with her and she was stating how she rescued him from the spca and so on then she stated that the rescue agency she was fostering for she is not with them no more, then she asked us 1 day if we wanted to foster a female saint bernard that she was going to rescue, we hesitated for a bit then we decided yes we will we have alot of affection in this house especially with 4 kids so we were waiting for this gorgeous girl to arrive.....she kept calling us and telling us that it would be today and then the next day it would be today. finally 4 days later she calls us and she is on the road to go and get the saint and on her way she was going to drop it off. well we sat here waiting and waiting and waiting, then we recieve a call from her that she is at home with the dog in her garage and that the saint couldn't be delivered until tomorrow so we said ok.. the next day, she took this poor girl and put her on a little chain and chained her in the taxi, yes you read it right in a taxi, this poor girl took 45 mins to get here cause they were stuck in traffic for quite sometime. i couldn't believe that the chain was tied on the top og the taxi door, it was so short she couldn't even lie down, plus i had to clean out the whole taxi because of her drool the taxi was a total mess...if someone is into rescuing and saving animals they wouldn't chain a dog in a taxi would you i wouldn't that is for sure that is very cruel.anyways we finally get her in the house and we told her that the dog arrived and she said to find a groomer near us and we will get the dog shaved cause she had such thick fur she was very dirty and she smelt really bad.i think it was about a week we had her and we decided to adopt her, then the woman turns around and says that our adoption fee that we paid for the first dog will pay for this dog...confusing huh.....as the days went by she was very content that we adopted the saint, now the thing is we had nothing included no vaccinations and she wasn't even spayed, my husband and i were phoning all over for a vet that would spay a female this size cause mind you she was 11 months old we had a really hard time.one day she called and started to demand vaccination records on her how come we haven't got the dog spayed she started to scream and yell on the phone that she adopted these 2 dogs from us and that she has every right to come and take them, she had my children so upset especially when i have 1 child that is special need she was literally mouthing off on the phone. so right there i contacted the agency where our first dog came from, and then i find out that she was lying to us plus she lied to the rescue that she was fostering for she never ever what so ever gave them our adoption fee nor the contract that we signed,she stated she gave him for free, and we find out that she never even rescued our first dog it was someone else. right away this rescue agency step in and helped us to get our saint vaccinated plus neutured we payed the fee to them for her.we couldn't believe that she stole our adoption fee for our first dog and then tell us that will pay for the saint ....she kept calling and calling my house and we told her to stop calling and she wouldn't so we had to pay extra money on our phone bill to block her out.there is alot of things we found out about her and we were in shock especially all the LIES she told us.i am involved with this rescue now and so are my children and they go to adoption day and all sorts of things and they do little jobs and they think it is amazing what this adoption agency does for these animals, especially when they know all the LIES this woman has said and what she put them through, and this agency they adore the people that run it.. as for my babies they are never ever going anywhere they are priceless to this family. it is a shame that the money that goes into rescuing to save these animals sometimes never make it to the rescue and i know how much she has never paid them in the adoptions that she did..this person is still working in rescue a word of caution :sad:

whinnie-boo
December 9th, 2004, 01:09 PM
That is horrible, one suggestion though.

If you are comfortable enough, it would probably be a good idea to post her name, and the name of the organization she claims to work for. Without this information it is hard for our members to advise should someone come on-line asking questions about this particular person or organization. If this organization is as good as you claim, what are they doing about the misrepresentation by this woman? :confused:

mastifflover
December 9th, 2004, 01:43 PM
I think you should give her name but the rescue really stepped up and took more than responsibility. I would make sure that if you name the rescue make sure that you state that this woman is no reflection on the rescue. I would not want there name sullied but hers should be broadcast.Sounds like someone I dealt with once in rescue, but thanks to a lot of really great people on this board and some others she is no longer in business and hopefully never will be again.