Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

tellement enrageant !!!

soyouz
December 9th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Je lisais un article sur Animaux de compagnie http://www.animauxdecompagnie.com et juste pour voir j'ai été sur la rubrique :CHAT A VENDRE et voici ce que j'ai vu :

Belle femelle siamoise de un an, seal point, non dégriffé et non opérée, affectueuse mais craintive avec les autres animaux, Elle est tres malheureuse chez moi car j'ai 3 autres chats et elle ne sort que la nuit. Doit partir d'ici 10 jours sinon je la fait euthanasier. Faites-moi une offre.

http://www.animauxdecompagnie.com

ça m'enrage....

raingirl
December 9th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Translation:

I read an article on Pets http://www.animauxdecompagnie.com and right to see I was on the heading: CAT TO BE SOLD and here what I saw: Quote: Beautiful one year female Siamese, seal, not dégriffé and not not operated, affectionate but apprehensive with the other animals, It is very unhappy at home because I have 3 other cats and it leaves only during the night. Must leave within 10 days if not I euthanasier does it. Quote to me. http://www.animauxdecompagnie.com that me enrage....

soyouz
December 9th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Thank you Raingirl for the translation,

;)

raingirl
December 9th, 2004, 10:10 AM
I know it's rough. I just used an online translation program.

Lucky Rescue
December 9th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Where is this poor cat? I couldn't find it at that link.

Those online translators are terrible.

LL1
December 9th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Pretty close:

Beautiful one year female Siamese, sealpoint, not declawed, not altered, affectionate but apprehensive with the other animals, It is very unhappy at home because I have 3 other cats and it only comes out at night. Must leave within 10 days if not I will euthanise it. Make me an offer.

badger
December 9th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Her name is Nancy, she lives in Becancour. Telephone 819-222-8448. Under Consultation annonces, chat à vendre. I think there's an email as well.

glasslass
December 9th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I can't believe the request to make an offer! Shouldn't the priority be to find a good home? She's saying she'll euthanize the poor cat if not sold!? Maybe I'm being too quick to jump on this, or maybe I'm misunderstanding?

sammiec
December 9th, 2004, 12:42 PM
I'll make you an offer alright! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't get it, people are either so selfish and inconsiderate, or oblivious to the fact that this is a life they are talking so carelessly about!

soyouz
December 9th, 2004, 12:59 PM
on a earlier message she said she can come to montreal to give the cat, for 100$...

does she want 100$ or shoot the cat ?

I hope she wont do it. I don't know what to do because paying for the cat , encourage those immoral persons to continue their (I'm not shure if it's the good word) "Traffic".

I wish to find a solution for this poor unwanted cat.

some of you have more experience in rescue ....hope someone have an idea

CyberKitten
December 9th, 2004, 04:54 PM
As the mom of a baby Seal Point and a lover of this breed and well, an animal lover like all of you, I am shocked by this. I was especially shocked by the Make me an offer" or else part. She certainly has my attention!!

And I still have an airline ticket for a Siamese from here to Montreal. But she of course wants money as well!! Can any of the rescue groups there take her if we raised the money?

Lucky Rescue
December 10th, 2004, 11:12 AM
If anyone wants to contact this cretin, we will take this cat, get her spayed and find her a wonderful home, but will not pay for her.

My written French is terrible - anyone want to help?

BMDLuver
December 10th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Do you want me to call her and see what I can do?

Lucky Rescue
December 10th, 2004, 12:03 PM
That would be great, BMD. I don't know if you can make her understand that selling an intact purebred cat to the highest bidder is dispicable and dangerous. Obviously she couldn't care less about this animal.:(

soyouz
December 10th, 2004, 01:46 PM
BMDLuver,

you succeeded in convincing her to give the cat to a rescue?

CyberKitten
December 10th, 2004, 01:59 PM
soy,

BMD ca applerz la personne pour demander s'elle peut donner le chat a une organziation mais ce n'est as acceptable pour nous de payer pour l'animal. Malheuresement, ce n'est pas contre la loi mais o puet traviller de changer les lois!!!

Quelle sorte d'une personne peut faire un action comme ça?

Lucky Rescue
December 10th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Quelle sorte d'une personne peut faire un action comme ça?

The kind of person we see nearly every day. :mad:

If money is the only thing of importance to this person, then we won't get her. If she cares just one bit about her,(doubtful) I'll be happy to foster her myself!

CyberKitten
December 10th, 2004, 02:16 PM
I know, it was a rhetorical question, sighhh!! It's still sad that there are people like that tho! :sad:

chico2
December 10th, 2004, 04:15 PM
OMG,people never fail to horrify me,what a monster....poor kitty,I suppose some"breeder"will get a hold of her :evil:

Lucky Rescue
December 11th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I just emailed her. I wonder if she knows how much it will cost to kill her...

BMDLuver
December 11th, 2004, 03:55 PM
I have tried to reach her but she does not return the call. Hopefully that doesn't mean she has sold her intact to someone. :mad:

CyberKitten
December 11th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Oh Gawd BMD, that is a horrifying thought. I have visions of some by breeder thinking they can sell Siamese babies. Yikes!!!!

SOS MIOW
December 30th, 2004, 12:31 AM
I too saw the ad and contacted the Westmount Cat Lady who took it from there. I believe she spoke to the woman, but am not sure of the outcome. Will check and let you know.

CyberKitten
December 30th, 2004, 12:38 AM
I would love to know the outcome for this poor kitty, thx!!!