Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The eyes of the cat are frequently bloodshot

Murzik
December 8th, 2004, 04:44 PM
The eyes of the cat are frequently bloodshot after feeding. What is it? How to treat?

Sneaky2006
December 8th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I think you need to provide more info than that. The eyes of "the" cat... your cat? Hmmm.

CyberKitten
December 8th, 2004, 10:56 PM
I agree with Sneaky - we need more symtoms and info to assist you. Your description is like a patient calling up my office and saying "my eyes are bloodshot". That could be indicative of soooooooo many illnesses or minor ailments! (in both felines and humans!)

Murzik
December 9th, 2004, 03:48 PM
My cat has bloody drops from his eyes from time to time; they look like
tears with blood inclusions.
We took him from the shelter 3 months ago; he looked like skinny
teenager at
that time. Now he looks like a real Turkish Van with thick mane :clown:
He had ear mites and was scratching himself; we were treating him for
mites, they gone. He does not scratch himself now, at least when we see
him.
We saw eye drops from the very beginning but thought they were causing
by
scratches.

chico2
December 9th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Wow,blood-drops from the eyes :confused: if it's as bad as it sounds,he definetly will need a vet,could be just an infection easily treated,,but you never know.I've never heard of bloody tears...please take him back to the vet and let us know what was wrong.
He sounds like a beautiful cat..

GsdDiamond
December 9th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Oh my yes. Rush this poor baby to a Vet right away! If this continues, unchecked, he could lose his eyesight....or worse!

Please rush him to the Vet immediately! Keep us posted to what the Vet says!!

Murzik
December 10th, 2004, 02:41 PM
We had been to the vet.
He told us that the reddish/orange looking like blood inclusions in tears excess is NORMAL for cats and it is visible bright on white coat of the cat.
Our cat is pretty healthy (good :thumbs up to know even for 85 dollars :evil: ).
Thanks for attention.

Sneaky2006
December 10th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Glad to see your kitty is fine! :love:

GsdDiamond
December 13th, 2004, 09:33 PM
I'm so glad to hear that. I hated to think of your poor kitty with blood coming from his eyes. Blood is ALWAYS an idication of a problem, especially from the eyes.

Give your kitty a big hug and a kiss on his furry head. You're a good parent to care so much!

heidiho
December 13th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Wow that is normal????????????????//

raingirl
December 13th, 2004, 10:57 PM
I think it wasn't blood they meant. I think it was that brownish discharge that gets on and around dogs/cats eyes (that eye stain).

heidiho
December 13th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Oh ok,that makes more sense..