Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm new...

OwndbyaSibe
December 7th, 2004, 03:29 PM
thought it was time I introduce myself. I have been lurking here for about 4 months and wanted to say 'Hi'.
This is a picture of my baby, Shtiya, taken at 10 weeks. He is now 9 months old and I absolutely love being his mom. We have just completed Basic Obedience, and it has really helped us alot. We look forward to continuing our education in a few more months with more obedience training and then possibly some agility. We did a little low impact agility (for fun) during our obedience school and he absolutly loved it. Shtiya comes to work with us everyday and holds the position of 'company paper shredder', so he gets lots of attention from his 'co-workers' and our customers.
Reading about all of the homeless, abused pets has really got me thinking that I need to help. I have been researching rescues in our area and will be either donating or volunteering and maybe someday fostering.
Thank you for a really great site! :thumbs up

Princesss04
December 7th, 2004, 03:41 PM
How sweet, He is so cute. I love the title that he holds in your office. You are one lucky mommy. :love:

lezzpezz
December 7th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Welcome! And you have a very handsome pup! I have a husky too, named Lennox. He is still as full of pizz and vinegar as the day we got him! What a maroon! He is very handsome too, but of course, I am biased! I have no scanner so I cannot submit photos at this point. Maybe someday!

chico2
December 7th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Awww,what a little angel-pup!!! I am happy you are thinking of fostering or helping out in a shelter,I wish I could,there are so many animals needing a tender touch out there.
Also,welcome to the Forum,there are a whole bunch of wonderful,helpful people here :thumbs up

Iggette
December 7th, 2004, 05:21 PM
:crazy: Welcome OwndbyaSibe,

Nice looking pup there .....would love to see an updated pic has he grown alot?.....Neat and very different name does it have a meaning?

OwndbyaSibe
December 7th, 2004, 06:32 PM
for your kind comments.....I too think he is the most handsome, and yes, I am biased. ;)
His name is an Inuit dog name pronounced shh-tee-yah, and it means 'my strength', as we got him shortly after we had to put our 13.5 year old Pom to sleep. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, and I said we would not get another pet, but the loneliness got the best of me, so 1 week after parting with my Pom, Shtiya arrived, I stopped crying and this little anglel became my strength.
I will post an update photo soon, he is now about 40 pounds of 'pizz and vinegar' with the most incredible personality. (he can now open the fridge door if I have a tea towel tied on.... :D )
Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to learning from all of the kind, helpful people here that share the same love of pets that I do!!

Heinz57
December 8th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Nice you wound up here OwndbyaSibe and welcome! L :love: oooove your pic, he's a real sweetie!
I recently lost my teddy bear dog of 9 yrs this past October too and knew I needed to share my love with another homeless pup in need. So happy you found each other :love: .