Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What to use to remove cat urine smell from my matress???

vcheng79
December 7th, 2004, 12:35 PM
Another problem...my older cat just poop and piss on my bed!!! Why did she do that? I have been using tear up tissue paper as litter since Sabrina cannot use a litter box with litter yet...is my cat sick or what? (I clean the litter box each time I see urine or poop inside and I also placed another litter box right next to the old one)...Also, what can I use to remove that strong cat urine smell from my bed? It went all the way down to my matress....so distress now....

mastifflover
December 7th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Put vinegar and on it then put baking soda on top of it and it will sort of bubble and look like it might be cooking just let it dry then take a stiff brush and loosen the dried powder up and vaccuum and presto no smell

elfelda
December 7th, 2004, 12:45 PM
I sounds like Sabrina is unimpressed with the tissue paper litter. You may have to limit her run of the house when you aren't there to supervise...

marko
December 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM
You could use urine-off one of our featured products.

http://urine-off.com/

I have it and it ABSOLUTELY works (or it wouldn't be a featured product)

Shaykeija
December 7th, 2004, 11:31 PM
I used Out made for cat pee. You can get it at Walmart. I like it, Piper peed on my carpet and it worked like a charm and no chemical smell.

elfelda
December 8th, 2004, 12:54 AM
I have used Pet ProSolve to get dog pee or vomit out of carpet. It is easy to find, and it does seem to eliminate the smell completely although cat pee smells stronger than dog pee. I would also recommend any sort of enzymatic cleaner you could find. They are specifically designed for biological messes and actually degrade the smell-causing chemicals themselves. Since you won't be able to rinse the mattress you want something that will actually "kill" the smell and not just dissolve it, possibly pushing it further into the material.