Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Inspired by pictures thread

Iggette
December 7th, 2004, 04:58 AM
With so many animal lovers here.....I was thinking of a

Pets.ca Calender

Maybe you could get each member to submit 4 of their best pictures by a specified date

Then take a member poll to see which 12-14 pics would be choosen for the months ( depending when calendar starts and ends ex. dec 2005-jan2007)

Each member can vote only once. Your staff could choose which winning pic would go into which month. Remaining pics could be placed as reminders on different holidays or alerts ( flea time rabies shots etc..) throughout the year.

Could be a good advertising tool and fundraiser, perhaps get some funding via sponsers.

And then *ahem* maybe a discount on the final product for multiple orders or members :thumbs up

marko
December 7th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Fantastic suggestion Iggette!

Really SUPER! :thumbs up

and you're right there are soo many beautiful cats n' dogs on this site...that I dare say we got the best lookin' pets on the net!

Thanks

chico2
December 7th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Marko,I agree!!We also have some wonderful photographers :thumbs up

mastifflover
December 7th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Marko I belong to a Mastiff community and we have a Mastiff calendar but this year we decided that we have the best looking Mastiffs that we should use ours. So we started a contest we all sent in our pictures and we voted on them. I will say that we did this to raise money for Mastiff Helping Hands which is a fund set up to help owners hit with devestating bills and rescues. We charged a 1.00 per vote and 1.00 to submit a picture. We had so many pictures we decided to do 2 calendars the puppies and then the adults. They are sold for 18.00. All profits from the sale goes to MHH. The really nice touch is the last page is dedicated to all of our babies that we lost in 2004 with their pictures names and dates there was no cost to submit these. I am not saying we need to charge for everything but I think we should divide the profits between 1 dog and 1 cat rescue. This is a link to the dogs we have lost just to give you ideas. http://hometown.aol.com/masthelpinghands/page2.html
This link will take you to the temporary home page with both calendars on it might give you some ideas. I think this is a great idea and we could also raise money for some well deserving rescues.
http://www.mastiffonline.com/helpinghands/calendarcont05.htm

Sheriffmom
December 7th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Maybe do a Cat one and a dog one.....
You'll have sold one for sure.... to me :queen:

Bugsy
December 7th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Iggette

That is a FABULOUS idea (clapping hands like Oprah) :thumbs up

Princesss04
December 7th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Very good idea I am impressed. Okay Marko lets get this thing rolling. LOL :D

marko
December 7th, 2004, 04:22 PM
So many things to do :crazy:

...we're also trying to get the chatroom going this week.

but I will look into this calendar this week as well....and probably start thinkin about the best way to implement this. Thanks everyone for your input so far.

All suggestions....welcomed and please keep them comin!

Catt31
December 12th, 2004, 04:50 PM
LOVE that idea!!! Could money raised (some of it of course) be given to a shelter or something? I'll buy several!!!!

Marko - I can help if you want, let me know what I can do from my end!! I can take in the submitted pics and put out the poll, or take orders or whatever!! Let me know!

marko
December 12th, 2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks Cat, I'll let you know

This is something we'll be putting notices about this week.
And yes a percentage will go to a shelter or Rescue.

dmc123
December 14th, 2004, 12:37 AM
whomever figures out a way to do this, be sure to post again, I would love to submit pics, vote, and purchase a calendar!

Fantastic idea!

~~Diane

glasslass
December 14th, 2004, 01:53 AM
Ummmm . . . I'm assuming this will be nude shots? :thumbs up

Iggette
December 14th, 2004, 04:46 AM
lol@glasslass :D ....Nudes .....but of course there is no better calender :p Well at least I think so

Schwinn
December 14th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Ummmm . . . I'm assuming this will be nude shots? :thumbs up

Maybe the wife's cats...Daisy's a little shy though, so I don't know if she'll do nudes...

Schwinn
December 14th, 2004, 02:06 PM
So many things to do :crazy:

...we're also trying to get the chatroom going this week.

but I will look into this calendar this week as well....and probably start thinkin about the best way to implement this. Thanks everyone for your input so far.

All suggestions....welcomed and please keep them comin!

I have a connection in professional printing (I'm actually looking at doing a theme-calender myself for mass production). Let me know, I'll put you in touch with them