Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cat In Winnipeg

djstatic
December 6th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Orange Tabby lost in Windsor Park (near Elizabeth and Drake). His name is Spazz, he has an ear tattoo, and a limp from a previous injury. He's been missing since November 21.
This is my girlfriends cat, and she misses him a great deal.

Please contact gk747@shaw.ca

CyberKitten
December 6th, 2004, 10:36 AM
If you have a picture, post it EVERYWHERE and send it to the local newspapers and media there (this is a slow news time of the year).

Good luck!!

montys_pet
December 6th, 2004, 12:48 PM
I am in Winnipeg but the wrong end of the city to have seen the cat. Have you called the Humane Society and the pound and not a pleasant thought but you may want to call dead animal pick up. I did when one of my cats ran away and it made me feel much better knowing she wasn't dead. I am sure even if she was it would have helped knowing where she was and not just outside freezing. I wish you the best of luck finding Spazz.

djstatic
December 6th, 2004, 03:42 PM
She's already posted his picture on many telephone poles/bus stops in the area, and still no replies. She called the humaine society and filled out a lost cat form, I've also put an ad in the paper. I just hope the word can get around...and eventually we'll hear "Yea, I've seen that orange cat with the limp..."

Thanks for the ideas tho.

--Gavin

GsdDiamond
December 6th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I've a friend in that area of town. I'll mention it to her and get another pair of eyes on the lookout.

djstatic
December 10th, 2004, 04:33 PM
To everyone who replied, and everyone who helped...Thanks. Spazz returned home this morning. Although he was a lot thinner, he is healthy, and alive. Unfortunately this ad did not result in any leads...however, it gave us hope. So, Thanks!

--Gavin

chico2
December 10th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Thank's for letting us know,it's always so sad thinking of a little cat out there,alone freezing and hungry.But Spazz made his way home :thumbs up

CyberKitten
December 10th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Oh!! Thank you so much for the news!! I am so thrilled to hear your great news. Even though your kitty was on an unwanted diet, at least he is safe and home!! Good news indeed!! He must be one happy cat and you must've been sooo happy to see him!