Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bump thing on dog help?

felicia2235
December 5th, 2004, 06:35 PM
my 8 mo. old male poodle has got these 2 wart looking bumps on his back and leg and we dont know what they are. they dont hurt to touch them but ive never seen this on a dog before . So if anyonw knows what they might be please tell me and what to do? thanks love felicia :confused:

CyberKitten
December 5th, 2004, 06:57 PM
I am not a vet but can you be a little more descriptive? Are they tender to the touch (seems not from what you have said). What do they FEEL like? Hard? Soft? Malable? How large are they? What is the history? Any recent vaccinations?

They could be just lipomas or they coud be more but you need to either take a picture or explain more? Do you have a vet you can call and then visit if necessary?

glasslass
December 5th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the board, Felicia! Always happy to see another poodle lover. :) Small wartlike bumps are not uncommon on older dogs, but I understand your little guy is still a puppy. How large are they? Did they just suddenly appear? When did you first first notice them and do they appear to be growing? Are they on the surface of the skin or are they hard and fixed to surrounding tissue? When is the next time you're scheduled to see the vet? What is your puppy's name? I'd love to see pictures!

felicia2235
December 5th, 2004, 08:14 PM
well thats first of all for wirting and yes the one on his back we found a few weeks ago it just a peard and the one on his leg we just found and they fill like a human wart and red like a pimple and they dont hurt him to touch and they dont have anything coming out of them and they dont seem to be growing. so what do yall think it is.? :confused:

elfelda
December 6th, 2004, 02:11 PM
If they look like warts and feel like warts... they might just be warts. However, since the dog is so young and they appeared suddenly, you might want to get a biopsy at the vet's office to be sure. If budget is a problem, you may be able to put off having them looked at until your next regular check-up, as long as they aren't changing in size, shape, or colour.

Nikko'Daisy
December 6th, 2004, 11:50 PM
undefined
Don't get alarmed. It is not always serious. I have a senior dog of close to 16 years old and he has a cyst and we go to the Vet every four months or so to get it aspirated - drained. A sack remains so it fills up again with liquid. Dogs also get fatty tumors that are not always serious. My dog also had little things on his skin that I felt - small bumps and the Vet said they are warts!!! Of course, I think you should take your dog to the Vet to get it checked out.

Dirigo
April 29th, 2006, 06:57 AM
My little Doxie has two wartlike bumps, that have been growing slowly to the size of a regular human wart. (one on his shoulder and one on his side)
I took him to a vet in Florida, who at the time suggested, that he'd been hit by a bb gun...
that was of course so ridiculous, that I took him home , and decided not to bother with this particular vet again.
Now that I am back home in the north, I am going to visit my vet next week, to see if he has any suggestions.
Lymphomas, are of course my primary fear.
The way these bumps feel, is like something is under the skin.
has anyone else had this happen?
Dirigo

angie79
April 29th, 2006, 07:19 AM
my cooper bear had a "growing" bump on the back of his head that got cut during grooming so I discussed with the vet she said we could do a biopsy or we could try using a "medicine" was in a dropper.. any how went away with the medicine. was called synotic but i think she said she added somthing to it. you could ask your vet to try.

jesse's mommy
April 29th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Ummm, you realize the original thread is two years old right? :o

Prin
April 29th, 2006, 06:32 PM
They could be cysts or tumors... It's hard to say without seeing the dog in person.

BTW, you're better to start a new thread for new questions. People tend to come in and answer the first poster's questions, even if they're a year old. ;)

Dirigo
April 29th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Sorry that the thread is so old.
I just surfed the internet today, and came across this thread and jumped on it.
I'd like to know more about the drops "angie79" used.
perhaps telling my vet about it would help.
thanks guys.
Dirigo

Prin
April 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM
What an adorable dog! I love his coloring.

Dirigo
April 29th, 2006, 07:57 PM
thanks prin
he's the best thing that's ever happened to me.
The color is "wild boar"
it's common in wirehaired Dachshunds, but my guy never grew his wires.
Dirigo

phoenix
April 29th, 2006, 08:08 PM
This thread http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=24898&highlight=histiocytoma has a picture of my dog Sam's histiocytoma. The vet did diagnose it as that, and with some cortisone cream it eventually went away. His hair is growing back... it took a few months to heal. It started as a bump below the skin and then bled, was enflamed, swelled up... but definitely get it seen by a vet.

Dirigo
April 30th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Thanks Phoenix
Busters bump doesn't look like that.
this bump is totally under the skin.
It literally feels, like a corn or a piece of debris in a little hard sack under the skin.
no bleeding, no opening.
I would have thought, that something got in there externally, but now we have started a second bump...
I am seeing my local vet when I get back from Europe next week, but just wondered, if someone else had seen anything like it.

phoenix
April 30th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Sam's lump started like you are describing and then erupted. The vet will know best!

Dirigo
April 30th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks much!!

rainbow
April 30th, 2006, 07:19 PM
What a cute little guy. I don't have any advise but please let us know what your vet says.:pawprint:

Dirigo
April 30th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Sure thing, will do!!!
Dirigo