Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Yin Yin Pix

CyberKitten
December 4th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Hi,

Here are a couple of more Yin Yin pictures - really the kitten in the house pix.In one, she thinks she is hiding under the dining room table - a table my grandmother brought from Ireland!! - and in the other,she is pondering a jump from a LazyBoy chair.

I think I may have mentioned her last vet visit where there were a roomful of woofers (one poor Boxer transplanted from Montreal only to be hit by one of those large metal things on wheels) and little Yin Yin never uttered a moew much less a Siamese Yowl. She just took it all in. She meowed at the vet - saying hello maybe and was a good as gold the whole time. Such a sweetheart but then I am hardly unbiased, lol They all loved her there and they are not ones to go on about cats!

STAMPDesigns
December 4th, 2004, 04:31 PM
She is just too cute!! :angel:

CyberKitten
December 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Awww thanks StampD. ME, my vet, asked me yesteday if I was thinking of showing her. My cuz the vet tech thinks I should as well - she is so cute and she does, in spite of being a cat, listen quite well (emphasis on the quite). (And ME is not a fan of these things either and she said this is the first time she has ever met a kitten who nmight be suited to it) . (I guess that was given her hearty meow/hello for ME even though we had to wait with all the woofers and allowed the poor Boxer to have his foot taken care of first - we were not an emergency after all!!) She also purred when she met a little boy (who also happens to be one of my patients) in the waiting room (Intros were made in a room off the waiting room tho - no way was I opening a cat carrier with two labs - one rambunctious fellow who had been rescued after being tied essentially for 14 months of his life, two gorgeous samoians (sp?) (ME has two - pictured on her web site) and a cute though timid lassa apsa.

And YY is not unhappy to be picked up by friendly strangers as Judges would be. But it all seems more of a hassle for a kitty. The whole biz seems designed for the humans more than the felines - rather like the little Miss pagents that I find so repugnent. (I can't tell you how many cases of anerexia I have treated that I am convinced sans a scientific study mind you - that began when these little girls had to be trim in order to compete. So do I want to put Yin Yin through that, not really!! I'd rather take pictures for a calandar that might be used to raise money for the local rescue or any cat rescue.

STAMPDesigns
December 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
It's always great to hear about animal's personalities. One of my cats, Marc, seems to think everyone who walks in my door should go GAGA over him. He throws himself around, prances and finally flops on whoever will pet him. Mr. Maggoo has kept me in stitches since the first day he came into our lives. Ever see those cartoons of the characters trying to run... their feet are moving quickly, but they aren't? Well that's Mr. Maggoo. His feet are going 100 MPH but he's not moving :crazy:

CyberKitten
December 4th, 2004, 06:07 PM
He sounds adorable, I can just visualize that now, lol Yin Yin is a diva. If you talk to her, if you don't, fine. But she has this regal air that says "I know I am a great cat!" But she WILL talk to almost anyone, lol (She usually has this look that translates to "and JUST who are you?") She just has excellent maners - and still likes her carrier after two vet trips. That HAS to be a good sign, lol

And when she is confined to my bedroom and bath area when I am out of the house - she gives me quite the lecture on my return. It is not a whiny "why have you left me alone" complaint so much as a "And just where were you that I had to make do without my servant for this length of time!". :)

STAMPDesigns
December 4th, 2004, 06:24 PM
HAHAHA I've got this mental picture now in my head of this, thank you!!!! With currently 7 cats in my home, it's always drama here. :) Mr. Maggoo has adopted my kids (3 girls) before we officially adopted him (I was only fostering!!). Now, when the girls are at their grandparents place, Mr. Maggoo sits at their bedroom door and cries and yowls. He paces the hallway and finally just goes and get in their bed and passes out. When they come back he's so excited he starts to run into walls, he really gets over-excited!!! I'll have to post pictures of all my furbabies soon.

glasslass
December 4th, 2004, 11:30 PM
Yin-Yin is such a cutie! I like the double name! :love:

CyberKitten
December 5th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Actually Yin Yin is her nickname. Her full "name", the one that appears on all those fancy looking rehistration forms et al is Quan Yin. A friend who is a Bhuddist informed me that Quan Yin is the B. Godess Of Compassion and Mercy. (and my bet said and you expect mercey from a Siamese, lol?). But since that is the primary religion in Thailand, I thought it was fitting. But I call her Yin Yin for short. And she quite compassionate actually. <g>

Sheriffmom
December 5th, 2004, 10:09 AM
CyberK- I have never been an avid cat fan.... but my goodness YinYin is gorgeous. What a precious girl!! :angel: