Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Charged....

foster-in-ON
December 2nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
In August, I visited this so called *kennel* undercover. Sandra Peeler is from Brant County, Paris, Ontario. Dogs had cherry eye, mange, horribly matted, dry eye, kennel cough, no ventilation. Conditions..... HORRID.

The SPCA seized 14 dogs from Sandra. The dogs incurred $10,000 worth of medical expenses. Sandra reimbursed the SPCA the $10,000, went home and *cleaned up* her kennels. She had to re-mortgage her home to pay the $10,000, and fine. The Ontario Animal Review Board ordered the SPCA to return the dogs to Sandra since the medical expenses and fine were paid in full. She is now back in business full swing with ads in the Toronto Sun, Hamilton, Guelph newspapers. Please note her phone number in the website, and please note when you see her ads in the classified ads. Thank you. Her web page is as follows: www.tripleppets.com

press release:

Brant County : Dog Owner Fighting Back
Posted By Steve Sabourin on 2004/10/26 17:18:37
http://www.cd989.com/modules/news/images/topics/branews.gif A Brant County kennel operator is trying to fight back against charges of animal abuse and neglect. Sandra Peeler of German School Road, is facing several charges of failing to provide an animal with medical attention and failing to provide an animal with adequate space. The charges carry a maximum fine of 60 thousand dollars and up to 2 years in jail. Cambridge SPCA official removed 14 poodles and shih tzus from the Peeler home earlier this month, and have had to pay out over 10 thousand dollars in vet bills. Peeler has appealed to the Animal Care Review Board, which oversees SPCA decisions. Her trial is February 22nd.

mastifflover
December 2nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
How disgusting that they would give this woman back the dogs. I don't care if she paid the fine and the vet bills. If she would have treated them properly she would have still had to lay out money. She should never be allowed to own an animal again let alone start up her puppymill/byb practice

foster-in-ON
December 2nd, 2004, 07:00 PM
Mastifflover - Welcome to the Ontario Law's governing animal cruelty :(

bluntman
December 8th, 2004, 02:45 PM
No one that allows animals to suffer like that should ever be allowed to own an animal again, Why does our government allow puppy mills? I know the SPCA is doing all it can, but they need help, and the liberal are to busy scareing the people of ontario, to deal with the real problem of puppy mills, BYB, abusers and neglectors, shame on Bryant and the rest of the liberal clowns.

mastifflover
December 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Bluntman you are so right if they would have started dealing with these low life scum years ago instead of whining about having no money we might not have the problem that we are now faced with BSL. But you do realize the government has priorities first and foremost is their salaries and then their pensions so I hope you can get your priorities straight. These are the most important issues in our government today because where else can you get fired for stealing and still collect a six figure pension? Only in Canada you say. OSPCA and others have been begging to give the laws some teeth so they can shut these people down as well as go undercover to bust fight rings. But they did not have enough funding but they certainly gave themselves raises. Who cares about the animals, not the government. Now all of a sudden they will be able to hire officers to enforce a muzzle by law where are their priorities

chico2
December 8th, 2004, 04:22 PM
It absolutely stuns me,we are supposed to be a civilized country,but when it comes to animal-cruelty we follow a 100yr old law..but don't forget,there is no extra taxes coming out of compassion and that is the only agenda our government has!!!
I hated Harris and Eves with a passion and they did an awful lot of damage to our poor and homelss,education etc..,but unlike the Liberals they did what they said they were going to do....I still hate the PC's but the Liberals are quickly closing in :evil: Who to vote for next????

foster-in-ON
December 8th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Why does our government allow puppy mills?

Money. Taxes. Business. It's a sad reality :(

Wouldn't it be a pleasure to stuff 5 politicians in a wire rabbit cage, feed them once per day (maybe), offer them green slimy water, let them suffer for months and years with infections, let them urinate and defecate on eachother.... ignore their bleeding spliced feet from standing on wire....keep them locked in dark dingy sheds and never let them see the light of day?

mastifflover
December 9th, 2004, 08:55 AM
I have an extra crate if you need it.

Luvmypit
December 9th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Nevermind I just emailed the Bi^$#. Let her know that I think she should rot in hell.

foster-in-ON
December 9th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Luvmypit - LOL good for you!! :thumbs up

You probably said everything I wanted to....but I *can't* do that. I went to her home, and if the dogs happen to be seized a second time, I would probably be called to testify in court....so I have to be on my best behaviour always.