Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weimaraner Needs TPLO

michaz
December 1st, 2004, 05:40 PM
Hi all. I am in the US on the St. Lawrence River in Ogdensburg, NY. I am near Prescott and not far from Cornwall. I have a 4 year old Weimaraner that has a crucial ligament that is very torn and he also has a problem with the miniscus. I am looking for an orthopedic vet in Canada possibly that does this type of surgery. I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you in advance, Michele

mastifflover
December 1st, 2004, 05:47 PM
Contact Guelph University Veterinary Medicine dept. they do the surgery but would be able to give you the name of surgeons close to you. This the best veterinary school and they do amazing work there. I hope your baby is okay. A friend had her hip surgery on her mastiff there and they were fabulous.
University of Guelph
95 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON N1H8J7
(519) 767-6299
(519) 767-6240 (fax)

michaz
December 1st, 2004, 05:58 PM
Thank you for the information. I will give them a call tomorrow. The vet here in the States that is qualified to do this is 3 hours away and I don't think he has done an awful lot of them. My Weim is a rescue dog that we went to Michigan to get. Actually we crossed the border here in Ogdensburg and traveled all the way through Canada to Sioux St. Marie to get him. How he pulled off this injury we haven't a clue but it has to be fixed soon as arthritis has already begun to set in where the injury is in his knee. Michele