Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need a baby gate/crate

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 03:45 PM
Hi Guys, I actually need both but preferably a baby gate first. If you have any old ones lying around, I'm willing to pay. I went to Zellers last night and the baby gate was $40 :eek: . Can't imagine a crate.

Sneaky2006
December 1st, 2004, 04:14 PM
I don't have one but I found a site that has a pretty cheap one, although I don't know about shipping.
http://www.allpets.com/prodetail.asp

Put this number in the search box at the top: 110214 for $15.89
Or this one: 110220 it's a little nicer at $23.12

I believe they also have dog crates pretty cheap! Look around the site.

yvonnem
December 1st, 2004, 04:21 PM
Try going to yahoo groups and looking for a "freecycle" group in your area. I subscribe to the one in Hamilton and last night I got a wire crate - size large -- for my mastiff puppy cuz if he eats just one more book, I'm gonna have puppy-skin mittens this winter :eek:

The crate was free, its in good condition and it is out of the landfill site -- everybody wins!

Yvonne

doggy lover
December 1st, 2004, 04:31 PM
When I use to live in an apartment complex people just threw them in the garbage. I'd hate to say how many went that way. I picked up a couple and took them to my cottage and left them in the barn. So when we got Tucker I brought one home and kept one there. Try second hand stores, good will, second hand kid stores etc.

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 04:40 PM
Allpets is in US $ right? So it adds up to about the same as Zellers incl shipping. I looked at freecycle, and I can't believe they don't have one for Toronto or Etobicoke, even Mississauga. :mad:

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 04:42 PM
Do you have any extra ones in your cottage? I'd like to buy one if you want to sell it. Casey's getting out of hand with housebreaking. :(

Schwinn
December 1st, 2004, 04:45 PM
I'm gonna have puppy-skin mittens this winter :eek:

Yvonne

You know that's going to give some people conniptions on several levels, right? I mean, I can't even think of how many PETA rules you are breaking right there! :crazy:

m_apol
December 1st, 2004, 04:51 PM
Yvonne, I know what you mean! Casey's been peeing everywhere and I swear, I have to get our runner professionally cleaned cuz she thinks it's her puppy pad. Our house is full of puppy pads thus, the need for baby gate so she can concentrate on her own space in the kitchen. I can't afford other things right now because I will be spending about 400 for her spaying/microchip/classes all in one month :eek: . There's beautiful Casey and her bankrupt mommy :o

doggy lover
December 1st, 2004, 06:41 PM
:sorry: I have given them away to friends and only have the two that I use for Tucker left. For gates try second hand children stores or I think Walmart has cheeper ones, I think I paid $30 for mine, and I know where your comming from Tucker just cost me $260 for micro chip and neuter.

shihtzulover
December 2nd, 2004, 07:19 AM
We got our baby gate at a yard sale. Do you have any flea markets in your area, they may have some.

Sneaky2006
December 2nd, 2004, 07:24 AM
Sorry :( I thought they were cheap!
yvonnem... I checked out that freecycle, did you know that people put animals on there???! That is just sick.

marko
December 2nd, 2004, 07:28 AM
You could, of course post an ad on this bulletin board and be the first to try it out. Only 5 bucks a month with 20% going to Lucky Rescue.

m_apol
December 2nd, 2004, 11:05 AM
That Idea came to mind Marko but I thought it was just for selling. That's for Wanted Ads too?

I know Doggy lol.....h.a.v.i.n.g.a.h.e.a.r.t.a.t.t.a.c.k.r.i.g. h.t.n.o.w.

There used to be tons of garage sales in my are but since it's winter, everyone's hibernating. flea market??? I'll try to look for one in my area.

Animals in freecycle???? Disgusting. I can't imagine giving out your pet that served as a loyal companion for free. :evil: