English Springer Spaniel
- Dog Breed Group
- Sporting Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- England, hunting dog.
- Life Expectancy
- 10 - 15 Years
- Liver and white, black and white, tan markings
- Close, straight and weather resistant; never coarse
- Exercise Needs
- Needs long daily walks and the opportunity to run and play off of the leash.
- English Springer Spaniels make an excellent family companion as well as a working dog. The Springer Spaniel is willing, active,
- Good with Children
- Good, with proper socialization. Good with other pets.
- Grooming Needs
- Regular grooming of the coat with a stiff bristle brush. Bathe only when necessary. Occasional trimming of ears and pads of the
- Average Size - Male (in)
- Average Size - Female (in)
- Average Weight - Male (lbs)
- 49 - 55
- Average Weight - Female (lbs)
- 49 - 55
- Health Issues
- Usually sound and healthy. May have eye abnormalities or ear infections.v
- Living Conditions
- Enjoys living in the house but having a fenced in backyard. Does not do well in small apartments.
The English Springer Spaniel is a medium-size sporting dog with a neat compact body and a docked tail. One of the largest of the spaniels. Handsome and robust he excels in the field at flushing out game. One of the oldest spaniels, he was originally known as the Norfolk Spaniel. He gained his title of "springer" because of his usefulness in "springing" game for the gun.
The English Springer Spaniel is a robust and intelligent dog.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.