- Dog Breed Group
- Non Sporting Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- England to fight bulls
- Life Expectancy
- 8 - 10 years
- Uniform color or with a black mask or muzzle; reds, red brindle, piebald; black undesirable.
- Short, smooth and close, finely textured.
- Exercise Needs
- Should not be over exerted in hot weather.
- He is a low to the ground mastiff type dog with power. An ideal pet that loves the companionship of it's entire family including
- Good with Children
- Wonderful with children, loves a low-key romp with the kids in the backyard. Gets along with other pets, but may get aggressive
- Grooming Needs
- Regular brushing with a rough cloth and minimal exercise. Care should be taken not to over feed as he would prefer not to take a
- Average Size - Male (in)
- 12 - 14
- Average Size - Female (in)
- 12 - 14
- Average Weight - Male (lbs)
- Average Weight - Female (lbs)
- Health Issues
- Overheating, itchy skin, difficulty breathing. Many puppies are born Caesarean section.v
- Living Conditions
- Does not do well in extreme weather conditions.
Known as the national symbol of Great Britain. An ideal pet as he loves to be in the company of his family. He is a laid-back, loyal good natured and undemanding companion who would make a great companion for the elderly who do not want to feel guilty for not walking him or the "couch potato" family. Contrary to popular belief he does not drool, but he may snore. His roots are firmly planted in British soil being mentioned in many written works in history. Shakespeare refers the breed in King Henry, VI. He has been used as a butcherÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s dog to help control oxen, as a guard, as a hunting dog and for the sport of baiting. He would taken on opponents such as bulls, bears, badgers and even other dogs in the ring.
The Bulldog breathes loudly, snores and is uncomfortable in the heat.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.