Petit Basset Griffon VendÃƒÂ©en
- Dog Breed Group
- Hound Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- Life Expectancy
- 10 - 14 Years
- Solid fawn or hare; white with red, fawn, gray, or black markings, bicolor or tricolor.
- Rough, long and harsh to the touch, never wooly or silky; thick undercoat.
- Exercise Needs
- Needs considerable amount of exercise.
- They are affectionate and independant. He is naturally obediant.
- Good with Children
- May be too boisterous for young children. Good with other pets.
- Grooming Needs
- Minimal weekly brushing or combing with a hard brush. Pluck ear canals.
- Average Size - Male (in)
- 13 - 15
- Average Size - Female (in)
- 13 - 15
- Average Weight - Male (lbs)
- 25 - 35
- Average Weight - Female (lbs)
- 25 - 35
- Health Issues
- PRA, juvenile cataracts, patellar luxation.v
- Living Conditions
- Home with a fenced yard is best
The Petit Basset Griffon VendÃƒÂ©en is a scent hound developed to hunt small game over the rough and difficult terrain of the VendÃƒÂ©en region. One of the four rough-coated hound breeds from VendÃƒÂ©en, France the Petit Bassett Griffon VendÃƒÂ©en is the smallest. He is bold and vivacious in character, compact, tough and robust in construction. Traced to the 16th century and directly to the Griffon VendÃƒÂ©en. He comes from La Vendee a district in the western coast of France. The VendÃƒÂ©en's were directly bred from the white Southern Hound and rough-coated dogs from Italy.
The Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen is still capable of tracking small game, but is most usually kept as a companion animal.
His name means Petit - small, Basset - low to the ground, Griffon - rough or wire coated and VendÃƒÂ©en - the area of origination.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at email@example.com.